The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

1G Bottom to thermostat house cracked

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Can you post up a picture?

At least around here, old Mitsubishis are becoming more and more difficult to find at junkyards. These pieces are not available new, either, according to my last conversation with JNZTuning 2, 3, maybe 4 years ago.

I have started pulling them from the 90's Hyundai models that have the similar appearing engine to our 4G63. It's also worth pulling the water pipes (interchangeable and pretty much a non-turbo version of ours) and cam angle sensors when you find them.

I have also had one welded up along a crack where I overtightened an ECU temperature sensor. It is holding so far!

Use Ultra Grey Permatex silicone, it is a wonderful sealer and vibration resistant also.

I should have taken a pic.. its just a hairline crack but when i put the sensor in, it threads almost all the way and then a little drip happens. So i filled in the crack with jb weld while it wad spread then i took the sensor out an am letting it dry for a day or to. I still wanna get a flange tho.. I hope this works. Im almost ready to put my eclipse on the road ,,then this happens... ughhhhhhh

Run it through few heat cycles before you trust jb weld on aluminum which expands when heated.
What about taking it to get welded locally? Or, you could try to braze it yourself. Might have to drill via a press and retap but I would trust that sooner than JB

You should have it welded and save it since it is a hard item to come across.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back