The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

Bottom line on oil filter housing for 98 GST

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fifteenjr

Probationary Member
May 3, 2013
Oroville, California
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

It's the hard line going to the oily hose to the other hard line.
I keep reading its the oil cooler line but then I read in a different threads its for the turbo, and it almost looks like it goes to the turbo but I lose track towards the toward the manifold. And most of the threads I see are for the 1g's. I just want to squash it once and for all, so I know how to replace that hose that you can see is in really bad condition. If it is the oil cooler, I may just get an aftermarket one, all depending on what you guys say.

The closest dealership is quite a bit away from me so would a general hose suffice for a while until I get a chance to go out there? Yes I know its a fram filter I'll change that out soon. Got to drain it anyway for the turbo return line.

And I'm sure that's full of oil right? So drain the oil before I remove that line?

That is the oil cooler and the lower line runs up to water inlet pipe where the upper radiator hose and cap are. The other one goes up to the water pipe under the exhaust manifold. you can just replace the rubber parts of the line with regular coolant hose.

If you're referring to the rubber hose, its for coolant. The 2G OFH are water-cooled. You have to drain the coolant first. Coincidentally, that's one of the better hoses you can use to mostly drain the head / upper waterjacket.

The p/n for that hose is MD301045. It has a very slight bend to its shape from the factory. JNZ should be able to get the you the hose cheap. I have the other part numbers for the rest of the rubber hoses in your bay if you'd like them. I changed them all. The one you pointed to is the most important however. It gets old and bursts faster than the others it seems.

Alright thank you guys, I was hoping that was oil to explain the oil everywhere but that could very well be just the oil return line. Researching says any temps over 90 outside, you usually want to keep the oil cooler (correct me if I'm wrong). Plus I'm just getting it all fixed for now. Mods oh so very much will come later.

@Joe went to their website and typed in that P/N and nothing showed up. They'd probably have it under something else? And yeah those part #'s may come in useful if you don't mind please. :)

You want to head to this part of the site: OEM Parts

MD301045(10163Q) is the hose in question
MD112349(10163P) is the "L" hose that feeds the original hose off of the upper water neck.
MD309661(10164) is the cooler return. It sends it up into the waterpipe behind the alt.
MD306415(10718) is the Turbo feed. It's the lower hose from the banjo bolt on the block.
MD112349(10163P) is the Turbo return. Its "L" shaped and taps into the waterpipe if I recall.
MD193577(10711) is Throttle Body feed. It has a slip over a portion of it.
MD195053(10712) is Throttle body return. It has a weird "Z" shape to it.

The ID #s in parenthesis are used only to match up to the picture. Don't type it in otherwise. Also note that the Turbo Return and Upper cooler feed are the same hose (Same Part #s). That's not a typo.

I recommend buying some fuel hose worm clamps and using those instead of your old spring clamps. They have the rounded off edge so as to not dig into the hose. Converted my whole hose system to it. No leaks and its a pleasure to work on. I can't remember the size but you can always take a hose with you to AZ or whatever it is you have out there and match them up.

For sure, thanks all. Definitely need to fix that asap, well I'd like to anyway. I know my valve cover gets stupid amounts of hot, so it may help with that. Been sitting since I saw that though just to be safe.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back