The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

2G Bottom end buyers guide for the NOOBS (video)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is there a video or guide like this for the head? Also is there one for getting the most power safely on a stock bottom end? Thanks for this video it was informative.

anytime you want to know something about a 2g dsm, this is how i found it, goto google.com and search "2g dsm ________________" and in the blank put what question u have. ex. "2g dsm building the head" and you will get tons of links to this site with great information.

anytime you want to know something about a 2g dsm, this is how i found it, goto google.com and search "2g dsm ________________" and in the blank put what question u have. ex. "2g dsm building the head" and you will get tons of links to this site with great information.
I know right? Like 95% of my google searches are; dsmtuners-"any question I have"

I found some answers but not all

I'm only looking to do about 400 to 450hp. I have a stock 6bolt with b/s delete, boost gauge, wideband, 3" turbo back, small 16g, intake pipe, fmic, dsm link and fuel pump rewire. What else would I need to achieve my goal power range and can this be done without doing the short block?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm only looking to do about 400 to 450hp. I have a stock 6bolt with b/s delete, boost gauge, wideband, 3" turbo back, small 16g, intake pipe, fmic, dsm link and fuel pump rewire. What else would I need to achieve my goal power range and can this be done without doing the short block?
400-450
cheap method block, 1g stock rods on 2g stock pistons stock crank stock crank bearings
cheap method head, evo springs retainers, 2g head stock cams, evo 3 intake/exhaust manifold, 650cc+ injectors

better relaibilty block, eagle rods wiseco pistons, stock crank acl race bearings
better head, regrind stock cams to 272, supertec springs retainers, stock valves, 2g head evo 3 intake/exhaust manifold, 650cc+ injectors

400-450
cheap method block, 1g stock rods on 2g stock pistons stock crank stock crank bearings
cheap method head, evo springs retainers, 2g head stock cams, evo 3 intake/exhaust manifold, 650cc+ injectors

better relaibilty block, eagle rods wiseco pistons, stock crank acl race bearings
better head, regrind stock cams to 272, supertec springs retainers, stock valves, 2g head evo 3 intake/exhaust manifold, 650cc+ injectors
Im want to build a long block down the road but for now I thing I'm close to some decent power with my current set up. I know I'll need a boost controller, a 255 or better, a good tune and possibly 550cc or 650cc injectors. I was also told if I get a cam on top of this I could be pretty close to this but would it be safe.

You will want bigger injectors so you don't keep "buying new injectors". I would suggest 1000cc Hi Z injectors for room to grow and just in case you decide to run E85, at that time you would need a bump in injector size from the 650-700cc range. But, just my .02¢ :)
Stock 6 bolt everything will be good for you in the 400-450 range without any problems. A bigger huffer will be needed over the s16g so maybe start looking at some bolt on available units. We ran a 7 bolt, stock everything except a Morrison Fab tubular header and a Holset HX35 with big injectors to an 11.50 et in my sons car.

Meh, seems like a good thread to ask this

But what's up with Eagle cranks lately? For awhile there people were swearing against them saying they were complete junk. Are they still junk? Anyone recently bought an Eagle forged crank and got some experience with it?

My Red Talon has a 3 year old Eagle crank in it and it is in perfect shape, pushing over 600 on Link so take it for whatever that is worth. The car turned 9k and was fast until I bent all the valves in a "accident" with the bottom crank pulley bolt....OMG

You will want bigger injectors so you don't keep "buying new injectors". I would suggest 1000cc Hi Z injectors for room to grow and just in case you decide to run E85, at that time you would need a bump in injector size from the 650-700cc range. But, just my .02¢ :)
Stock 6 bolt everything will be good for you in the 400-450 range without any problems. A bigger huffer will be needed over the s16g so maybe start looking at some bolt on available units. We ran a 7 bolt, stock everything except a Morrison Fab tubular header and a Holset HX35 with big injectors to an 11.50 et in my sons car.
I want to stick as close to stock bolt on pattern so I don't have to get a new manifold and I cannot change my o2 housing considering its custom 3" all one piece(o2 and down pipe).. I was thinking 20g.. Any thoughts wear I could get one with this set up which isn't an eBay turbo?

Yep, @JusMX141 can fix you up. He is my only turbo guy and a great person to deal with.
He may see me flag him here but send him a PM and ask him. :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back