The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

bottle heater, remote opener

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brads

DSM Wiseman
Oct 24, 2002
Alta Loma, California
I was looking through the instructions for the NX remote bottle opener, and their heater as well, I couldnt find any info as to how much current they draw. Does anyone know this? Do many of you guys use or have opinions on remote bottle openers or heaters, any brand? I found very little relevant info when I searched.

Thanks,
Brad

Does anyone actually know hard numbers, and not guesstimates? "not scary" isnt quite precise enough for me. I didnt see the info in the online manuals for the NX products. And I couldnt find the info for any of the other brands either. I am guessing the manufacturer will be my best bet for getting the info.

Thanks,
Brad

Originally posted by Defiant
What fuse do they use? The heater, maybe 5 or 6 amps, a bottle opener, a couple amps. Shouldn't be any thing scary.

Yup, call the manufacturer. If they don't know, go back to looking at the fuse. What is it you're trying to find out, what are you wanting to do that it's a concern, wiring size or where to tap for them?

Driving them using another control box. The control box has transistorized outputs, so I need to know current draw, so as to be able to calculate the amount of heat the transistors will have to dissipate when they are on.

I will give NX a call for these specs. Who else makes bottle heaters and/or remote openers? While I am getting the specs for one, I may as well try to get the specs for a few different ones.

Thanks,
Brad

Originally posted by Defiant
Yup, call the manufacturer. If they don't know, go back to looking at the fuse. What is it you're trying to find out, what are you wanting to do that it's a concern, wiring size or where to tap for them?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back