The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

both of my dsm's are now gone

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RACER-X

20+ Year Contributor
May 26, 2002
Corpus Christi, Texas
:cry: 2 weeks ago i sold my talon to put down a down payment for my house; i was trying to get my rate under 6%. i sold her for $7500. at 5:00pm earlier today i was driving to meet my wife at work cause she needed the check book. on my way there a old guy pulled out of a apt. complex onto the street i was driving on to turn in the oposite direction i was traveling. well, guess what happened.... if you guessed SMASH! well your correct. this moron ended up in front of me; with nowhere to go i slamed my brakes at about 50mph and broadsided his chevy lum. the crash sent my car into a grassy cement island and airborn about 1 to 2 feet in the air and my car finally came to a stop about 120 ft later facing on comming traffic. i blew out both pass. side tires, and smashed the whole right side from front facia lights back to the front fender. the clutch is gone; no pedal pressure, and i could see from what limited space there was that the intake was smashed and the engine has been pushed back. i escaped with minor air bag burns, whiplash, badly brused right knee, and sore left shoulder and lower back. i wish i would have stayed home today.

dude that sucks. Especially since you just sold your other car. Does your wife have a car?

yeah, she still has her jeep, and i have my S4 that's still experiencing tranny problems; it's still at the dealership in San Antonio.

use da insurance money and buy a GSX. sorry to hear about that but atleast it was the car and not you ;)

I'm a bit late on the post but... glad you're alright man

thanks guys for all your support. i got a attorney so that i wouldnt have to put out by any expenses, and so that he will be able to speed up the other ins co. all i need now is to see what my car will be apraised for.

hey larry how much do you want for your gst?

Originally posted by RACER-X
thanks guys for all your support. i got a attorney so that i wouldnt have to put out by any expenses, and so that he will be able to speed up the other ins co. all i need now is to see what my car will be apraised for.

hey larry how much do you want for your gst?

Your lawyer will probably tell you this, but you don't have to settle for appraisal. If they lowball you, make them replace your car with an exact duplicate. Stuff like stereo install, aftermarket parts and suspension bits are included in that, so make them install it on any car they give you.

no, he didnt tell me that. we really haven't gotten th that point yet. a claims adjuster still has to come out and look at the car, but i can basically tell that she's a gonner. thanks for the tip though.

thanks matt. hey does anyone know blue book on these things. gs with under 54,000 miles 98' m/t with every option. just trying to get a ball park figure of what i'm going to have to work with.

Well I checked on www.kbb.com for ya and I got
Trade in Value of $8475
Private Seller of $10260

But I used my zip code which is Tempe..But the price will not be that much different..

Hope this helps man..yeah sorry about the car to....:cry:
But good thing your fine and walked away from it....:D

Also Larryd GS-T is looking pretty good especially for the price...just had to say...:thumb:

I don't think your too bad off if you at one point owned 2 DSMs, and Audi, and a Jeep between 2 people. :(

well, i'm 31 and my wife is 24 and in the summer of 2001 i helped her buy her 02 liberty before we were married. in 98 i bought my gs and paid it off a year ago last winter and that summer i bought a S4 in San Antonio used. it was priced in the mid $30's so i jumped on it. and this jan i was able to pick up a 96 talon with low miles for $6,000. i had recieved a enviromental settlement and paid it cash. the problem came when we started looking t o purchase another house. the one we wanted was sold out from under us the same day we put a bid on it. the house we ended up buying was a rush. the closing date the sellers wanted was 3 months earlier than what we wanted. i had to come up with the money fast to avoid risking the chance of loosing this one. i ended up selling my talon for $7,500 and putting it down on the house.

so you see having what you want isn't hard; you just have to be smart on how you use it, and learn how to manage it.

thanks pil. yeah basically i'm taking it day by day. i have to say it's weard going into my garage and not seeing my dsm, but i've hit up several people so far and hopefully something will pan out with one of them and some time in the near future i'll be able to replace that empty space with a gst or gsx.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back