The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Boring out TB

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

convolutionist

Probationary Member
Oct 27, 2002
Pleasanton_CA
Is it worth it, with the t25 and just intake, to bore out the throttlebody to 60mm? I can do the boring myself. I tried searching a lot for what others had to say, but not much was said for just boring out the stock one. Thanks.

It would be a waste of your time to bore a 2G TB. A 1G throttle body stock is 60mm. I have a 64mm TB on my car with a large turbo I don't think it would make much of a difference with a T25 with no other mods.

1g throttle body and intake manifold is the way to go. even the sheet-metal intakes don't improve upon the 1g intake much. It won't help too much though with the t25, personally I'd spend the money on other mods. once you're making over 300 hp the 1g TB and Manifold will start to help alot though

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back