The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Borgwarner s369 dynod?

Borgwarner s369

• Has anyone dynod this turbo

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • What are your options of this turbo

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blue blaze

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 14, 2011
Aurora, Colorado
Has anyone dyno'd the borgwarner s369? I bought one dynod it on my 2g through the auto 38 pounds of boost mustang dyno a little over 400. Wasn't real impressed, but I didn't go all in on it. The dyno that I use is very stingy. I took it out for a 2nd gear pull and it felt like a 6466 car on steroids. Very confused to say the least with the numbers.

It makes full jam about 4700 on my setup. I am going to go back to the dyne and turn it up for all it's worth then I will be going back to the track.
I too am curios of how it is going to perform. I usually run a bullseye s383 on the car, I have it sent in for rebuild after 5 years and decided to try this turbo. The 83mm make right at 700 at 38 pounds, which is wastage for me.. The 69 feels almost as fast as the big turbo on wastegate. So for sure we will find out and I will post the numbers after I do a final tune all in.

More info on your setup?
If you are getting 38psi at 4700rpm that's insane.

Basic 2.0 Aluminum Rod setup.
7 bolt short block, wet, grp rods, wiseco 8.5.1 off the shelf hd pistons. Stock crank, 2g Head, No port work, Valves and springs Kiggly,Kelford 294/300 cams. jmfab intake manifold, shearer top mount manifold 44 gates.Fuel, mechanical pump, secondary bosch 1000 pump to prime, 8 1600 fic injectors low z,ignition, dyna arc2 hyabusa coils. Ecu, dsm link v3. Nitrous Expess 200 shot dry. Drivetrain, Metro Trans Auto, English 300m transfercase, Dss Stage 4 axles all 4, Dss Drive Shaft Precision Number 6 Converter,Ets 5inch Intercooler, Fuel , Methanol M1 Sunoco.

And countless other parts, that is the base of it..
More info on your setup?
If you are getting 38psi at 4700rpm that's insane.

Basic 2.0 Aluminum Rod setup.
7 bolt short block, wet, grp rods, wiseco 8.5.1 off the shelf hd pistons. Stock crank, 2g Head, No port work, Valves and springs Kiggly,Kelford 294/300 cams. jmfab intake manifold, shearer top mount manifold 44 gates.Fuel, mechanical pump, secondary bosch 1000 pump to prime, 8 1600 fic injectors low z,ignition, dyna arc2 hyabusa coils. Ecu, dsm link v3. Nitrous Expess 200 shot dry. Drivetrain, Metro Trans Auto, English 300m transfercase, Dss Stage 4 axles all 4, Dss Drive Shaft Precision Number 6 Converter,Ets 5inch Intercooler, Fuel , Methanol M1 Sunoco.

And countless other parts, that is the base of it..

Nice, what A/R turbine housing?

We will see what the little turbo can do. 83mm will be back next Wednesday, Not sure if I am going to the shootout or not had plans for it, haven't been back to race it since 2010. Every year the plans are to go but, end up hurting the car before that takes place. This is not a shop car so limited time and budget when things go south.

Well, I have not successfully ran a full pass on the 83mm yet. When I went to that turbo I changed a lot of stuff. I was on Aem v1 and I went back to dsmlink, I kept blowing up motors on v1, timing drift on cylinders and at the time I didn't know what was going on I would just lose the motor after about every 6 passes. So, previous to that I had an off the shelf borgwarner s374 on aem v1 and 9.1 was the best pass. A lot of 9.5 to 9.3 passes. I am in denver so it is really tuff to go fast up here. I have been 10.0 letting off before the 1/8 mile on the 83 however. I am having a really difficult time figuring out my launch with dsm link running 8 injectors and the car falls on its face really hard when the second set of injectors come in. So I thought I would go back to a small turbo and figure out how to get it to go through all the gears without issues, and thats where this s369 came into play.

Needless to say after 4 years of trying to figure out dsmlink and the shift 4 box on 8 injectors I am done with link. This winter the car is going back under the knife and I will be making a new harness for the car and going to Haltech. Lucas English use to tune my car and I feel going to dsmlink at this level for me was a set back and not keeping Lucas involved on the tuning . Hopefully next year on haltech and Lucas working his magic it should finally run like it is suppose to even up here. I think somewhere up to an 8.50 might be possible up here in the thin air.

The S369 usually makes around the same power as a 6466. For a turbo that size, your best bet is a PTE 6870, they usually make around 200 more than a S369. I got this information from my tuner who has tuned a lot of cars on these turbos.

The S369 usually makes around the same power as a 6466. For a turbo that size, your best bet is a PTE 6870, they usually make around 200 more than a S369. I got this information from my tuner who has tuned a lot of cars on these turbos.
I bought a precision 7685. When the car is back up. That’s what will be ran

I bought a precision 7685. When the car is back up. That’s what will be ran
A mid frame turbo up here struggles because we don’t have the air to maximize it. Most midframe turbos up here struggle to make more than mid 35 to maybe 40 pounds of boost and fall. On the dyno that I use all the time I couldn’t make much power out of that 69. My 83 at the same boost level made 300 more hp.

When I switched to stand alone, I looked at a ton of ecu's and features and read alot of forum posts on other car forums on what people suggested to others, and after several years of looking and kicking the idea back and forth I finally decided on Link ecu, to me there isnt any downfall to it and its not stuck using only Halltech or Aem ignition, tach, etc modules, you can pretty much do what you want with it, the forums are second to none! if you have a request or question it is pretty much addressed within 24 hours, and they offer a LIFETIME warranty to the original owner, thats right LIFETIME. I considered AEM, and Halltech but the failure rate on AEM was a no-go for me and the fact that they all but abandoned the V1 ecu when something newer came out took AEM completely out of contention for me, what kind of company will not repair their older product or support it in ANY way when they relaease a new one? what if I had just bought the V1 and a week later the V2 came out? would they then offer me the $300 or whatever towards the new V2 instead of fixing my $1000 ecu that I just bought? thats ridiculous and unacceptable!

Halltech was in the running until I started looking at prices installed rather than just the ecu itself, you need more than just the ecu if you have an aftermarket tach, cdi box, wideband, etc etc. and the total out the door cost ends up being insane, thats where Link ecu came in, after alot of research and snooping the forums I was sold on it and have literally ZERO regrets with it, it does anything you would want it to do and things that you didnt even know you wanted to do and its available in plug and play in certain models (no 2g) and wire in, both work excellent.

I do believe in what you say. However for me I wasn’t very successful with it trying to run 2 sets of 1600s. And after 4 years and endless frustration of trying to get it to hell right, I am moving on. I think link is a great ecu but when trying to add certain extra features of control it is pretty premative. I for my own personal reason am moving the car away from link. I think link is a great product for certain templates.

I do believe in what you say. However for me I wasn’t very successful with it trying to run 2 sets of 1600s. And after 4 years and endless frustration of trying to get it to hell right, I am moving on. I think link is a great ecu but when trying to add certain extra features of control it is pretty premative. I for my own personal reason am moving the car away from link. I think link is a great product for certain templates.
I think he is talking about Link ECU and not ECMlink. Link ECU (depending on the model) has no issue running 8 injectors like any other good standalone.

It's unfortunate they had to name their product Link when there already is an ecmlink.
That’s good stuff, I didn’t know that there was another manufacturer offering that ecu and at a great price. Also looks like they give you a base map to start and offer remote tuning. Does anyone with an auto car have any experience with this ecu?

That’s good stuff, I didn’t know that there was another manufacturer offering that ecu and at a great price. Also looks like they give you a base map to start and offer remote tuning. Does anyone with an auto car have any experience with this ecu?
John Whalen is very knowledgeable and tunes them on a daily basis. https://www.whalenspeed.com/

You could also get in touch with the owner of http://performancepartout.com/ He has a lot of linkecu experience with his auto dsm.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back