The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

boosting ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patsdsm

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 10, 2004
rochester, Minnesota
i have a 90 eagle talon tsi awd 5spd my car was completely stock i bought a big 16g evo 3 for the car and was running that with no boost controller so the turbo was hitting stock boost around 10-11 psi i just recently put a full 3inch exhaust on my car and am now hittin 17-18psi is his normal or is my wastegate shot or what ive heard that when you put a exhaust on you probley will only gain like 2-3psi but the guy at machv told me that it was tipical to gain that much I'm new to this so all help will be appreciated thanks

Does it slowly rise to 18 as the rpms climb or does it shoot to 18 as soon as boost hits?

Either that is too much boost for the stock fuel system to handle.

your telling me you just put a big turbo and full exhaust on your car without doing any supporting mods :notgood:

sound to me like a case of boost creep and i bet your getting alot of knock to :notgood:

it slowly climbs up as i get higher in rpms

hey thanks for the tip oldman on the porting i will have to get some tools and print off your instructions on porting

patsdsm said:
hey thanks for the tip oldman on the porting i will have to get some tools and print off your instructions on porting
Not my instructions, the article was put together by Chadillac2000 and he deserves all the credit for that. :thumb:

I will also answer your pm here. Evo3 o2 housing flows slightly better than a 2G but still has to be ported regardless. Evo 3 outlet is also angled differently so modification to the DP is required if you choose to go with the evo3. Here is another thread that covers not only the turbine housing but intake manifold and O2 housing as well. Happy porting. ;)

Evo3 O2 Flows about 20% more than stock. (just throwin' out some numbers because it's fun!) :thumb:

ddavisaf said:
Evo3 O2 Flows about 20% more than stock. (just throwin' out some numbers because it's fun!) :thumb:
If you have seen some of the 2G O2 housings I have ported, you wouldn't exactly call it stock. :p

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back