The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

boosting....sorta

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ITSME4G63

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 6, 2004
chicago, Illinois
Over the last few months, I noticed my car has been acting kinda funny when I get on it. It feels as if there is no power. Like I hit the gasm boost gage sweeps to 17psi but the car doesnt move as fast as it should, and then when I try it later again it moves out like a mofo. I doubt this would be an engine problem even though I know I have low compression. 2 cylinders were in the 120's and 2 were in the 140's, Plus I get blowby like a mofo ( I notice this when I pull of the oil fill cap when the car is running, but this engine is goign to get pulled soon anyways ;) ). I checked my turbo(s16g) a couple of months ago and it had no shaft play whatsoever due to the fact that Im a turbotiming and maintenance whore, so I doubt that might be the problem. Could it be my boost controller that is presenting these situations to me? Its a hks evc. I just want some opinions and/or suggestions before I really get into solving the problem. Thank you for any replies.

Are you sure that your clutch isn't slipping? Does it make a difference on power whether the car is hot or cold? Does the engine seem to rev up slightly when you are on it? I would check that

its definately nto the clutch, the engine revs normally, it jsut it owudl create boost but it just dont feel like it pulling as hard as it should.

What make you think low compression has nothing to do with it? IMO it probably has everything to do with it. Have you find out what's causing the low compressions?

I agree with Oldman. You need to fully address your low compression problem. Was the outer s cylinders with good compression and the inner 2 with bad compression? Could be a head gasket problem. I had a similar problem and blew the head gasket in between two cylinders. Though i lost power all together. If you have a blow by problem you most likely have burnt piston rings and might be getting inconsist compression under boost (maybe). Good luck.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back