The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Boostin Performance has gone 6s!!!!! 6.98 @ 215

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Canadian_CD9A

Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2012
Winnipeg, MB_Canada
Congratulations to the crew at Boostin Performance for breaking down the 6.99 barrier in the new Red Demon, the first AWD 4-cylinder car to do so. Amazing persistence, determination and talent from the team to make it happen! Well done!

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Hell yeah, man. That car is a technological marvel. Hope he destroys the Grannas Supras time after they were talking all that smack after his wreck. Just a terrible POS team.

'grats team!

I believe Devin him self has said it’s keeping the AWD platform together that’s kept them from crossing that 6.99 barrier, the car has been clearly making the power to do it for a while now so CONGRATS!! But I still am almost even more impressed with that TRAP SPEED! There’s V8’s making more power that don’t trap 215mph in the quarter, that’s stupid fast for a 4 cylinder, WELL DONE gentleman:rocks::hellyeah::applause::D

Woooow , 6 sec !!!!!!! congratulations to the Devin and the professional Boostin performance Crew :thumb:

He's at most 172 mph in the 1/8th. I'll be happy to get that in the 1/4. Lol.

Boostin needs to get with it. These other guys are getting quicker and quicker. For those who have not been following, Grannas and Grubworm and now in the 6.6x's with Grub holding that title of quickest ET at 6.61 and Grannas fastest speed at 221mph. It's unreal for stick cars!

Boostin needs to get with it. These other guys are getting quicker and quicker. For those who have not been following, Grannas and Grubworm and now in the 6.6x's with Grub holding that title of quickest ET at 6.61 and Grannas fastest speed at 221mph. It's unreal for stick cars!

Yeah that wreck honestly set them back a lot. It wasn’t even the wreck or the rebuild, the fact he took so long coming back because he was debating giving up is what allowed them to pull so far away from him.

The grannas racing people are all crap talking douchebags and honestly anytime anyone can beat them I’m in for it. If Devon actually does beat grannas too I swear I’ll never let those tools live it down.

Neither of those are 4 cylinder cars though.......so if a 4g powered car can do it with half the motor, good for them! Grub Worm is fast, but hell, it should be. Same with that 2JZ Supra.

Neither of those are 4 cylinder cars though.......so if a 4g powered car can do it with half the motor, good for them! Grub Worm is fast, but hell, it should be. Same with that 2JZ Supra.

Grub Worm is good people. He had places to be and people to visit and still had time to just chill and talk about the car, or just stuff in general. Grannas acted like they were celebrities or royalty and that no one deserved to talk to them.

I watched Grub and Cletus run each other and that was a DAM good race. I think Cletus won butt it was close.

Jonathan (Grubworm) is a very humble dude....and we don't make excuses. Fast is fast...I personally think our drivetrain is what sets us waaaay back. Entry into a dogbox is super expensive and then you have the AWD system and testing...lots of testing to make it all work. It's not something for someone doing as a budget in their garage WHEN YOU ARE TRYING TO MAKE 4 DIGITS PLUS. I can buy a brand new T56 Magnum trans for my Mustang for less than 4 grand go and make 1000whp with it. SIGH.

Drivetrain restrictions kill it, those guys are working with GM transmissions that have a metric crap ton of support, our crowd is working with 30 year old Mitsubishi junk transmissions that are becoming progressively more extinct by the month these days. Yeah Devin is using a dog box, but even with dog gears we just don’t have that support. I take the fact we got to see a 6 out of it as a win as it’s still faster than most, sadly with how long it took to advance the platform to the 6’s and how far ahead others have jumped in a short time we might just be about at the peak, but that’s still fine and doesn’t discredit a thing in my book.

Boostin' has confirmed that AWD is holding them back. Having the engine pointing the wrong direction doesn't help, but it's still shocking to me that the first 6-second stick shift car was a DSM and not a 1800-lb Honda.

Boostin' has confirmed that AWD is holding them back. Having the engine pointing the wrong direction doesn't help, but it's still shocking to me that the first 6-second stick shift car was a DSM and not a 1800-lb Honda.
Exactly, fascinating none the less. Not doubting our own but I was certain an awd converted Honda was going to do it first at the rate those guys have been progressing in the previous years. Don’t get me wrong, still happy Devin did it first, but your “engine pointing in the wrong direction” statement isn’t in the least bit wrong. Not discrediting the rwd 4g63 guys that have been to that 6 second territory already, but to see it done in “factory” configuration is fascinating none the less.

The clutch is 100% the biggest obstacle for us. Also I'm going to insert a very unpopular opinion. If the shifter has got all these fancy lockouts that prevents you from going anywhere but 1234, then whats the difference between that and a v gate that prostocks run Or brent raus car that went 6.80's back in like 2006.......

The clutch is 100% the biggest obstacle for us. Also I'm going to insert a very unpopular opinion. If the shifter has got all these fancy lockouts that prevents you from going anywhere but 1234, then whats the difference between that and a v gate that prostocks run Or brent raus car that went 6.80's back in like 2006.......

Correct. So are adjustable slipper clutches. I mean...if you are a purist manual trans guy, even multi-disc clutches, launch assist devices, strain gauges, 2-step/antiilag could all be disallowed. It's a slippery slope. I still love manual shifted cars. It's a challenge!

Those still following, SpeedFactory took this record from us during WCF. It's in the bottom 6.90s now.

Correct. So are adjustable slipper clutches. I mean...if you are a purist manual trans guy, even multi-disc clutches, launch assist devices, strain gauges, 2-step/antiilag could all be disallowed. It's a slippery slope. I still love manual shifted cars. It's a challenge!

Those still following, SpeedFactory took this record from us during WCF. It's in the bottom 6.90s now.

They took the ET but red demon is still the fastest MPH wise. They’re like .07 apart right now and Devon’s 6.97 pass at WCF was made when he was down 3 rockers and had a small crack in the intercooler. It became a big crack when he went up against Mike/GAStroker.

Needless to say, he’ll have that Hondas ass again soon.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back