The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Boost

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1995 brian

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 16, 2011
Leadville, Colorado
Quick question. I have a 95 gst 5 speed. At how many rpm's should it be boosting? Its all stock with the t25 turbo. I ask this because i have a friend who has a 95 talon fwd auto and its boosting around 2800 2900 rpm an mine untill about 4500 to 4900 rpm. His is all stock as well.

Have you checked for boost leaks yet? That's where I would start first

I have not done a boost leak test. I dont even know how to do one ive seen how to make a boost leak tester but i dont even know how i would use it and how to identify were the leak is coming from.

I'm having almost the same issue. I don't have access to pressurized air to do the blt though

Are you reading this off your stock boost gauge in car?Every car is a little different your friends isnt going to be exactly the same as your, but still a T25 should not take no where that high in the rpm range to build boost, but also reading the stock boost gauge is going to be inaccurate.

Yea i dont have a aftermarket boost gauge but there is a line for a gauge that has no gauge and its just sitting there. I can feel when my car starts boosting and its is at that range and also i have a manual boost controller tomorrow i will post some pics so you guys could tell me of its connected right.

Are you guys familiar with the ngk bpr6ekn? Are they good for my stock setup? If not om just going to return them for the bpr6es

i was building 11lbs stock at maybe 2200rpm or somewhere around there. these tiny snails hit really quick, and really weak LOL

could be but what line are you talking about?and have you done the boost leak test yet,there easy to do and to build the tester

Yea i dont have a aftermarket boost gauge but there is a line for a gauge that has no gauge and its just sitting there. I can feel when my car starts boosting and its is at that range and also i have a manual boost controller tomorrow i will post some pics so you guys could tell me of its connected right.

Are you guys familiar with the ngk bpr6ekn? Are they good for my stock setup? If not om just going to return them for the bpr6es

Trace back to where that line goes, it should be tee'd into another vaccuum line. Get ride of that T and that line. Thats a leak right there. Also get an aftermarket boost gauge. The factory gauge is based off of engine load, not actual boost pressure. But it's always a good idea to do a BLT.

Anyone know were i can buy a boost leak tester instead of making one. Its just because the home depot is like two hours from were i live.

I don't really know if they sell them, I suppose someone on ebay might or something but just saying its really damn easy to make them. I made mine out of a f(@*ing kool-aid container, like a badass.

When i had my 13g (which i was told was a 14b :sosad:) on the car with my TurboXS BLEEDER style MBC, it didn't really control my boost level, just when it would spool. When i had it turned loose, it spooled great, but when the controller was closed or tight, it spooled at like 4500-5000. So, if that applies to you, check that.

Any one has a diagram for the turbo vacuum line because i want to take the boost controler out.

Resolved. I took off that t and conrcted the bcs by disconectng the aftermarker mbc and its boosting at 2900 to 3000 rpm thanks guys.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back