The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

boost

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stolenbmx06

Probationary Member
Nov 18, 2008
tyrone, Pennsylvania
i got a 97 tsi bone stock cept k&n filter and ima have a 3 inch turbo back put on it and i have a mbc and i can only push 18 lbs how can i get more out of my stock turbo i need to do a boost leak test i know its leaking around my bov i really wanna make a set of hard pipes for it but aint got a bender but anyways how can i push more boost i got the mbc opened the whole way help me get 22-25 lbs :talon:

Running that much boost on a stock turbo is no longer efficient meaning you are just blowing hot air killing performance.

yea its really not worth it. not only will the stock BOV never hold more than 15 psi of boost effectively, but you'll blow the t25 quickly doin that. i would let him relax at 15psi and then get the rest of the support up, you'll see more results in the long run and your motor will be happy the whole way. good luck tho.

even before i put the mbc in there bone freaking stock it was runing 18 and i have a greddy rs bov i hate it but w.e it came on the car i have a feeling if i get all the boost leaks fixed it will be pushing alot more i know i have to have leaks ### it dogs bad and i get shitty ass gas mileage bout 160-170 to a tank babying it in away i hate the car but then again i dont haha major prob with it is its a auto but cant bi*** once i get a new tranny in it it will be back on the road i got a gm maf for it but im still debating on what to do there i wish i had a few grand id send it to the closes dsm shop from me and have them build something decent my car is the only one in my area that hasnt blown up or been dicked with :talon:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back