The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

boost stutter?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anonymity

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 23, 2005
redlion, Pennsylvania
ok, just got my 96 gst about 2 weeks ago, its got some miles on it but its clean and runs great. excpt for when im in high gear low rpms building boost. it only happens at half throttle, and feels like im going over bumps between 2,500-3,500. checked all mounts and every thing else i could think of... and got nothing.

My Eclipse had the same kind of problem. I'd give it some gas and it would shake and shudder and sort of feel like wheel hop any time I'd be around 15 psi of boost. I changed the spark plugs and spark plug wires and it hasn't happened since. Hope it helps.

Does it feel like the car just cuts out for a second? Kind of like it's missing? If so, check your plugs and wires like stated earlier. Then double check your timing and make sure it's not off. My opionion is that it is ignition related, though.

check for a boost leak, check the plugs, make sure nothing came unpluged.

My 99 GST did something similar, i had a boost leak, my plugs where almost toast and my tps wasnt really pluged in just sitting there.. fun times..

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back