The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

boost question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boosttexas

Probationary Member
Jun 12, 2013
Austin, Texas
hey whats up guys im new to dsm's but by no means new to boosted cars. (switched over from boosted supras) my question to you is this. i have a 91 tsi fwd 6 bolt. it Has EPROM tuned by mudpit performance at 10psi on RC 550cc injectors. (10 psi is stock correct?) it is the stock turbo for now ( untill i can get a 16g big turbo) so two questions, whats safe boost pressure i could run if i wanted to raise it a little till i get the new turbo. And when i get the 16g, will it bolt directly up? thanks everyone.

The 16g should bolt right up. And max boost pressure depends on a few things. Get a way to datalog and a wideband so you can monitor injector duty cycles, AFR's, knock... and adjust boost accordingly. That's if you want to do it properly. Most people will tell you you're ok to run about 15psi.

I was boosting 18ish psi creeping to 20-21psi with my old 14b, stock injectors, and rewired stock fuel pump and wasn't getting fuel cut. That's my own experience though lots of people will tell you that's dumb.

hey whats up guys im new to dsm's but by no means new to boosted cars. (switched over from boosted supras) my question to you is this. i have a 91 tsi fwd 6 bolt. it Has EPROM tuned by mudpit performance at 10psi on RC 550cc injectors. (10 psi is stock correct?) it is the stock turbo for now ( untill i can get a 16g big turbo) so two questions, whats safe boost pressure i could run if i wanted to raise it a little till i get the new turbo. And when i get the 16g, will it bolt directly up? thanks everyone.

I was curious who would end up with that car. it's a base image. they are fairly conservative on the fuel and timing maps.I would not be surprised if it fine up to where the injectors max out.

I could tweak it closer to your setup if you wanted to send me a few logs.

the factory boost gauge now shows knock. crank it up until gauge starts squealing.

Still on stock fuel pump? I wouldn't go over 15-16 on stock fuel pump. Just becasue you're not hitting fuel cut doesn't mean it's okay.

If you have any sort of aftermarket fuel pump, I'd feel safe turning it up to 18psi.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back