The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

boost problems..help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

awdnate

Probationary Member
Feb 3, 2004
martinville, Indiana
ok, i just had my tranny rebuilt, or at least 1st and 2nd gear. and after the install, the car snapped and axle. then the t-case went dry and locked up. bad string of events. in the midst of all that after the tranny was put back in and i got it back the first time, the car wont hold boost under full throttle. it will hold under half throttle but if i go wot it drops. also before the car went in i was running 17psi, it wont boost over 10psi now. the guy that did my car (andy from indy race cores/ modern speed labs) says everything is hooked up ok except a loose line off my mbc that it pinched closed. but its been like that since i got the car so im not sure thats the problem. im pretty sure the turbo is not blown because it worked fine when i took it in. i havent had a chance to really look at it because the day after i got it back i took it back to get the speedo hooked up and thats when the t-case locked up. and tonight i didnt get it til 11pm and i just got home at 1am. any ideas on what might be causing this? thanks

nate

Check out this mysterious pinched vacuum tube from the mbc. Make sure you understand how a mbc works and then you should be able to loook at it to make sure it ok.

after work tonight i went through and redid the mbc. that didnt help, so i reinstalled the upic's. and tightened all the connections. that didnt help. so i took the mbc off to see if that would work without it. nope. it works fine under half throttle or so, but as soon as i go full throttle the boost falls off and once the rpms get over 4500 there is a really high pitched noise from the turbo im guessing. it used to do that before. the engine also makes a wierd noise. but that could be the exhaust leak from after the o2 housing. i have no idea what is causing this, if anyone knows how to fix it let me know.

nate

UPDATE:
today a checked to see if the wastegate might be stuck open, that wasnt it. i noticed it makes a noise like air leaking somewhere even if the boost is at 0 or even in vac. while im accellerating. so i think my bov might be leaking, but it is the stock 1g crushed bov. is there any way to fix it if it is leaking?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back