The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Boost or fuel cut?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VivaLaOC

Proven Member
Mar 16, 2021
La Grande, Oregon
So I bought a 98 GS-T about 3 weeks ago, I've been maintaining the car and adding some upgrades nothing super intensive so far but. When I'm in boost I only get to about 6-8lbs and the car starts limping when still on throttle then it Jerks when you let off I installed a MBC and a boost guage so I could tell what psi I was at. I'm not trying to make a lot of boost just a little over stock and the turbo is stock t-25 and ic is still the stock smic. Any and all suggestions and remedies are welcomed and yes I've searched on here but nothing really compares to what is happening. Also, I don't have a compressor to do a leak down test.

If in fact is stock try and check for boost/vacuum leaks search for boostleak test on how to!
Change the plugs with some bpr6es gap them at .28
You might also want to clean that stock smic probably is full of oil from the CV if nobody done it before.

If in fact is stock try and check for boost/vacuum leaks search for boostleak test on how to!
Change the plugs with some bpr6es gap them at .28
You might also want to clean that stock smic probably is full of oil from the CV if nobody done it before.
Yeah I did the spark plugs already and I changed the vacuum lines from the turbo and wastegate when I installed the mbc. But ill check things over tomorrow when its not dark and what vacuum lines would cause that? I'll clean the smic out as well. Use brake cleaner to clean?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back