The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

ECMlink Boost maxes out early with ECS?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crispyimmy

Probationary Member
Feb 24, 2021
Toronto, ON_Canada
Hi guys,

I had a recent issue out of nowhere, where It seems i've been maxing out boost near wastegate psi (15 or so lbs) and randomly it will work properly (controlled to almost 30lbs)
I actually have a log where during a single pull where it hits 30lbs then back to 20lbs then back to 27 LOL. Anyone have a clue ? I'm leaning to thinking it's the electric boost controller. Have the log, its the ingersoll rand ARO 3 port valve.

TIA

Attachments

• log.2021.07.11-02.elg
    303.6 KB · Views: 21
The car is setup to hit 23psi then reference the duty cycle table which is exactly what's happening. It hits 23psi, references the duty cycle and drops boost then tries to hit 23psi. The car is acting as it should.

I suspect you think it's supposed to be hitting the 30psi on top table but it's not setup like that.

The car is setup to hit 23psi then reference the duty cycle table which is exactly what's happening. It hits 23psi, references the duty cycle and drops boost then tries to hit 23psi. The car is acting as it should.
I suspect you think it's supposed to be hitting the 30psi on top table but it's not setup like that.

If you look at the log on my other pulls its having difficulty even with that, i did full pulls to red line and only hit 15 psi on some pulls. So that's my issue. Car was running fine before hitting 30lbs so that's what im worried about. There is only one pull in the log where it actually does hit 30 lbs, otherwise you can see im at 100% throttle position and it doesn't hit what i was hitting before. i will try to find an older log to share
That's not set up correctly. You won't hit 30psi below 4500 rpms.

yeah i don't expect it under 4500, but the pull at 199s in the log is (besides the boost drop right at 200s) is how i expect it and how it was working before.

Yeah I just looked at that pull and it's still exactly as I described it initially. This car is not setup correctly and you're going to blow it up if you don't get it tuned. It's running super lean and your boost control is all messed up. It's only hitting 30psi by coincidence. The boost is basically bouncing back and forth and the top of the bounce just-so-happens to be 30psi. You need to have someone tune it correctly.

In some other pulls you have the boost hitting 13-15psi then sitting steady which is nonsensical considering the setup. I'm thinking, beyond the tune issues, that there is mechanical/wiring issue with the solenoid or an issue with the hose setup.

This car is not setup correctly and you're going to blow it up if you don't get it tuned. You need to have someone tune it correctly.

car was last tuned by Kenny Kline /justatune

yeah there is something up, im having someone look at it more in depth. The thing is before (without making changes) i was hitting 30 psi and was good AFRs on boost with no issues. I only noticed in the attached log im running super lean, so gonna check into the fuel set up as well, and then continue with the WGS/EBC potential issue.

Hoses look good and I kept double checking. I just replaced the MAP sensor and it was intermittently losing signal, my best idea is that its a solenoid problem.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
My current theory is that you have a loose coupler or something. You'll notice that all of your last pulls only hit 13psi regardless of what your boost controller is trying to achieve. I think you're losing boost somewhere in the piping or maybe cracked wastegate lines. Definitely some detective work to be done.

My current theory is that you have a loose coupler or something. You'll notice that all of your last pulls only hit 13psi regardless of what your boost controller is trying to achieve. I think you're losing boost somewhere in the piping or maybe cracked wastegate lines. Definitely some detective work to be done.
its an Fp green , FP manifold, and Tial 44mm wastegate
cant be a boost leak bc it still did hit that 29lbs in the last log, right

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back