The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Boost leak tester

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TurboLaserRS

10+ Year Contributor
May 14, 2011
Dayton, Ohio
Hey everybody I have a stupid question like usual (LOL).
My Laser is boost leaking something fierce.. I can actually hear it when I step on the gas too hard.
I now live in an apartment :( so I don't really have my shop anymore. I don't have the resources to build a boost leak tester. Would this be ok for my purposes?

Turbo Boost Leak Tester Mitsubishi 2G Eclipse Talon 16g Evoiii T25 Turbos | eBay

It looks ok, and it's only like 6 dollars more than it would cost me to build it myself. I'll pay for that convenience. I just don't want it blowing apart and sending me to the ER so they can get the valve stem out of my eyeball.
Any experienced input would be appreciated. I'm driving my Grand AM atm because the laser runs so rich from losing that boost!

What are you using as a pressure source? Can you regulate it down to 20 lbs? If so, sure that would work. if not, you might have to make your own. Or comission a fellow DSMer to make it for you. :p

Another note is what is your turbo? THe outside diameter of the turbo inlet is different on some turbos.

I just got one from this website. It arrived today and it is a really nice piece. I got the one with the gauge and a tire valve. I ordered a silicone coupler from amazon.com.

I'm buying a Central Pneumatic 120psi compressor from Harbor Freight this coming week. I imagine I could regulate it down to 20psi. I'm just running a 14b with 90k miles on it since it's rebuild. Haha. I think that the 14b has the same inlet size as the 16g so I should be ok!

ya i did it at a gas station a few years back because i had some issues on a long trip! and the bike pump i had just wasn't gonna cut it! :notgood:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back