The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1G Boost leak test

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

apckofllamas

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 30, 2012
Wellington, Ohio
as soon as i start putting air into the stem its coming out from around the throttle body so i replaced the shaft seals. i still have a leak coming from that area. i have been using soap and water and i dont see any bubbles forming. also my car runs good on a cold start but when i start it after its been run its very slugglish and dosent build boost at all. anyone know whats going on?

thanks

This is a good how-to read on the throttle body seals. TB Shaft Seals VFAQ
They can be a pain to get to seal up sometimes.:|

On another note, if it's not building any boost at all, maybe you need to check your wastegate actuator, the arm, and the flapper door to make sure they are working correctly. If you take the arm off the flapper door it should move freely and it should be all the way closed when the rod is attached. Maybe it's hanging open when hot which is not allowing you to build any boost. :idontknow: Good luck!:thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back