The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Boost leak test, air coming from cylinder

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

No It didn't hold at 30psi, it just slowed down, I think if I would have left it there all the psi would have leaked out. I was at work so I did it kinda fast, but I had the vise grips REAL tight. I will try againg soon I might have to just wait till the weekend so I have more time to do the test a couple times. I'll just pop out the rail, that way I can DEFINATLY tell if an injector is leaking.

Wow My car is whacked out.....Now is was driving along today and it just stopped running. It didn't get all slow then STALL, it just stopped running for no reason. so I rolled it off the road and cranked it....it wouldn't start. so I looked around and everything look fine. I got back in the car and cranked it, and it fired right up like it was fine. I then took it home and check everything over and it all looks fine. So I drove it again and it cut out again for no reason, so I got out and popped the hood. and the ECU was buzzing funny. I know it always has a hum to it, but it was buzzing LOUDER THAN NORMAL. So I closed the hood and Got in the car, It started fine but it kept doing that 2 more times till I could get home.

Now it WILL NOT start right after it stalls but if I wait a minute it will fire right up....WHAT THE HELL COULD THIS BE? IS MY ECU BAD?

That misfire you hear can EASILY be mistaken for backfire. Backfire is from unburned feul entering the combustion chamber. This is normal for boost cars.

Sorry. We all have typos here and there. EXITING the combustion chamber, EXITING. Don't know why I put entering. Thanks for the heads up there, Terry.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back