The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Boost Leak or did my ECU get ####ed up??

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClassicalBor

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 9, 2006
Baltimore, Maryland
A week and half ago i cleaned out my K&N intake, but started the car before plugging back in the MAF by mistake...stupid... my check engine light was stuck on and i was still hold 16psi on the stock T25. Instead of disconnecting the battery or getting the ecu re-flashed as suggested by my other tuner friends... I just waited a few days and it went off on its own, so i thought everything was good.

Now i notice that i cannot run more than 13 pounds of boost, acceleration reduction is noticable, and as of yesturday my check engine light came BACK ON.

Is it possible that after enough driving "clock hours" per-say... the ECU may have reset itself from my previous tuning setup??

I manually tried to raise the boost with my MBC which was where it was for 16pounds... and I would hit Fuel-cut anything over 13psi.

any suggestions? ideas? thanks in advance friends. :dsm:

i dont exactly know how to perform a vac or boost leak test, can you give me the quick low down? I have a friend with a highly modded evo 8 which runs 11.5's easily he knows a lot of shit so im waiting for him to get back to me... but in the mean time is it something i can easily do at home? Looking at the boost gauge and while driving it doesnt seem to studder or ticker back and forth it holds strong at 13 pounds under full throttle... but what i dont understand is why i hit fuel cut at any time i try to up it over that.. when for the last 7 months ive been running 16 psi. :(

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back