The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Boost Junkies first attempt for the 14B record

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1qkfwd

DSM Wiseman
Sep 16, 2005
Sun Valley, Nevada
So I decided that I would set my race car aside and run my fwd in an effort to try to beat the 14B record. Currently the record is [email protected] by Joe Bucci. I've been gathering parts for a couple years now knowing I was goin to give this a shot.

SO I got the car together and got to make my first passes Saturday. Got a good baseline and made some good passes for throwing the car together. The DA was between 4900 and 5600 all day. Temps started at around 65 degrees and rose as the day went by. The actual elevation of the track is 3900Ft.

First pass off the trailer was:
11.657@ 121.01 with a 1.744 60'

Then the slips goes like this with minor adjustments between each pass
[email protected] with a 1.776 60'
11.361@ 121.58 with a 1.665 60'
11.411@ 121.28 with a 1.694 60'
11.664@ 120.27 with a 1.759 60'
11.726@ 113.77 with a 1.658 60' Missed 4th
11.451@ 120.74 with a 1.663 60'

Learned a lot through out the day and had a bunch of fun. I've got some changes to make and I will be heading to a lower elevation track in a couple months.

Heres a video of my passes all lined up. Sorry I was in a hurry and my editing skills suck.
Boost Junkies FWD stock 14B - YouTube

Heres a few pics of the car.

Heres the slips.

Attachments

• 14blaunch.jpg
    14blaunch.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 131
  • 14Bburnout.jpg
    14Bburnout.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 112
  • photo (1).jpg
    photo (1).jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 122
Thanks again Shane. Already planning out my attack for the next trip to the track. Did my boost leak test and found a cracked ISC motor. Swapepd it out and now on to more important parts of the car.

Maybe i'll do some paint and body work to help in the aerodynamics area haha

Last edited:
Awesome bro!! You give me inspiration for my car haha. Piss on a paint job, rattle can that hoe LOL jk. Function over form anyday. Shes not that bad on the eyed. Keep us posted on your progress. I'm subscribing

Awesome bro!! You give me inspiration for my car haha. Piss on a paint job, rattle can that hoe LOL jk. Function over form anyday. Shes not that bad on the eyed. Keep us posted on your progress. I'm subscribing

Your avatar is disturbing LOL

I'm actually thinkin of doin the plastidip but I have a bunch of holes to fill in first. Ive been spending more time on here so I plan to keep the updates coming.

Just keep up on your car. Keep it simple so it's fun.

Wow. Who would of thought in 1990 the 14b would be going consistent 11's..

What is the race weight? Nitrous? Boost level?

Awesome job.

Thank you.

It's a no nitrous record. Race weight is rather light at 2105 with driver. Boost was 22 dropping to 14-15lbs

Ya pretty much the turbo can't keep up throughout the rpm range. Especially when you start opening things up, ie cams intake bigger exhaust. Even though the boost drops it will still make more power. Right now it settles to a solid 15lbs

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back