The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Boost Guage Noise?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

13secGST

20+ Year Contributor
Dec 1, 2002
San Luis Obispo, California
Ok just wondering if it is normal to hear a noise coming from the boost guage or if that means i have a leak in my tube or connections somewhere. I didn't use that thread selant stuff just hooked it up the way it shows...its an autometer 0-35 guage, um yeh it doesn't really sound like a leak but I can hear the air flow like when you hear the turbo spool.

Also I am planning on getting an exhaust gas temp guage but what should I get for my thrid hole. and I don't want an shitty blinky a/f guage that wont tell me ####. Should I get fuel pressure, oil pressure, oil temp, water temp? I kinda want guages that will help me with tunning...but I don't know which will apart from exhaust temp, a/f should if was an actual a/f guage not just blinky lights, like if it actually told you the ratio.

what is the gauge reading when you hear the noise? you dont have to have the sealent but its a good idea.. try tightening down on the hoses a lil more... if still does it then you might have a leaky gauge... witch means inacuarate readings

Originally posted by 13secGST
its an autometer 0-35 guage, um yeh it doesn't really sound like a leak but I can hear the air flow like when you hear the turbo spool.
Is it a kind of rattling/buzzing kind of noise? If so, that can be fixed by putting a restrictor into the vacuum hose leading to the gauge.

hmm.. i had the same exact thing happen to me.. i could hear air hissing coming somewhere arond the gauge or its connections.. and only when i hit boost.. it was a simple problem with simple fix.. it was just my tubing that had a leak.. i fixed it and everything is cool.. it will give u an inaccurate reading of ur vac if thers a leak.. so get that fixed..

as far as the 3rd gauge.. i dont know.. i have boost and blinky a/f.. i know the a/f is inaccurate but it does give u an "idea" of how ur car is running.. rich/lean.. and that ur sensors are working properly.. u have the 2 which i feel are essential: boost and egt (something i will get definitely in the future)..

no its not a buzzing noise...its an air noise but before I put it all together it didn't really seem air tight to me. It is a brass connector to connect to the back of the gauge then a little <> shaped thing with holes at the points for the tubing and that thing is secured between another brass piece that goes on the tubing so it is the connector with a hole and the <> shaped thing between it and the other piece. and also the tubing is plastic so I'm not sure about it having a leak. when I tested it also it seems pretty good I have the controller set to 15psi right now and it feels like 15 cause before I had the controller on it would spike to 18-19 and the car actually feels the same cause it would drop to 15 and above 2nd it would stay at 15 but drop of in higher revs. neway just put this #### together today.

Also I think I ####ed cause I have a Greddy Type S BOV and the screw on the top came off and this other DSM guy put some regular bolt in it and now I tried to tighten it but it poped out and the inside doesn't have nemore threads...is there a way I could rethread that so I can put a new bolt or something in there cause this BOV is really leaky now to...but it seems to go up to 15 psi fine. OH YEH I forgot I have a TT with a digi boost gauge and when my normal guage reads 15psi it says 1.xx bar so I think the guage is pretty acurate.

They change the "blinkys" to actual measurements...i.e. one green from end=.94v

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back