The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Boost gauge

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anthonypk

Probationary Member
Feb 3, 2014
stamford, Connecticut
Hey guys, I bought a boost only gauge from autometer as a temporary solution since I plan on buying evoscan gps. Do I need to tap into my intake manifold some how or just into a vacuum line like any other traditional setup? if so does anybody know what size t fitting I need?

Search would have brought up many threads on this.

Most common place to tap for the boost gauge is the FPR line. You would need a t-fitting.

ok thanks. I knew where it normally gets connected, I just wanted to make sure the boost only gauge would still work there normally. Now I just need to figure out how to connect the t fitting onto the boost only kit since it came with different parts. hopefully I just need the T fitting.

Your local auto parts store should have an assortment of white t fittings.Or lowes has them,u can just buy 1.

Also the auto parts store should have your plastic air line,and the fittings for the back of the gauge in a kit ive seen them at advance.

thanks guys I got it to work. I just had to find my own hardware to make it all work.

Just be careful with those white plastic ones. I went through three of them pushing the hoses over it. The break REALLY easy. I put a little RTV on it first (helps slide and seals it up) and a little zip tie for good measure.

thanks for the advice. everything seems to be holding u nice. now I just need a mounting solution. idk f I want a pillars, or something on the dash or center controls.

I have the pillar dual pod. I kinda wish I went with a frog pod (over sides of steering wheel) only because I dont like everyone and their sister now I have money into the car LOL.

yeah I hate decisions. I want a gps so I am considering the evoscan gps that displays boost and other gauges. The probem is the whole evoscan gps confuses me when it comes to compatibility and what exactly needs to be done.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back