The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Boost gauge wiring help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

@TDC

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 10, 2012
Nor-Cal, California
Hey guys I am in the middle of installing my boost gauge and I am trying to find a 12v were source to tap into for my power wire. It was my understanding that the power source must be switch on when the ignition is turned but must stay on while the car is actually being turned on. Where can I find a power source that will stay on and not cut off when the car is being turned on? All the fuse ports that I test all turn on when the ignition is turned but then will cut off when the car is actually turned on. I am installing an autometer c2 that is full sweep electric. Thanks for the help guys

Well I got my boost gauge installed and I think I have a power source I can't use! I did the cig lighter fuse and it works but at startup it breaks the connection to the power source making the gauge restart! Right now the gauge is reading -10 at idle and when I did a 2nd gear pull boost climbed to 19psi??? I have a completely stock 1g. (14b) My boost control solenoid is broken forcing me to leave the wastegate vac line open until my boost controller arrives. So is this just an inaccurate reading from my gauge or my actual setup??

Swapped the power source to a different fuse! I had to individually test each fuse until I found the right one! Sucked because I had to turn my car on and off like 30 times. I does work great now! Reads accurately between 18-20 vac and topped out at 14-15psi. Only thing is it takes a about 2-3 mins to actually get the gauge to start reading but nonetheless it works and looks great!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back