The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

boost gauge trouble

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NV87

Probationary Member
May 29, 2014
Williamsville, New_York
Need help trouble shooting, brand new auto meter boost gauge installed but boost not registering. Put "T" bracket on line going from intake manifold to fuel pressure regulator and nothing. Boost is still registering on my dash cluster. Any input on what I should check or do to fix the problem?
Thanks guys,
Newbie dsm'r

No vacuum you mean? The line must be direct to the manifold. If you follow the line and install it on the other side of the solenoid it will read zero until you boost. Once the solenoid opens when car warms up it will read vacuum.

Did you check to make sure the hose didn't blow off the T? The first time I hit any sort of boost after installing my gauge, it blew the hose off because it was the wrong size. Check to make sure everything is still hooked up, including the lines going to and from the FPR.

All the hoses are still hooked up. The boost gauge doesn't read vacuum it just shows boost. If that info helps any.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back