The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Boost gauge lighting

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

b00zt3d spyd3r

Proven Member
Feb 25, 2016
Lawton, Oklahoma
so since I've had the car I couldn't see my boost gauge at night(doesn't light up) but the other day I pulled it out and realized it has the wires for the light. What should I hook up to so it turns on/off when headlights are turned on/off?

Tie them in with your dash lights, you will need to test wires with a test light to find the wire you need. I tied mine into one of the wires back behind the radio harness that is powered when the gauge cluster is illuminated.

pull off the column cover, find the 10 pin plug on the back of the head light switch, (connector B on diagram). Pin 7 should be a black wire. cut it a few inches from the plug. the end of the cut wire that is still connected to the plug need to be connected to the (+) for your gauge light. connect the (-) on the gauge light to the other end of the cut wire.
now the gauge light will come on when you turn on your headlights.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Hook the power wire of the bulb to the illumination wire of the fog light switch. Ground the other wire either to the fog light switch ground or to the chassis itself.

As for the power steering belt, it's the smallest of the 3 belts and is the highest. You will have to remove the alternator belt to change it aswell.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back