The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G boost creep issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

appleyard777

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 15, 2005
Cleveland, Tennessee
just bolted up a new evo 3 16g with tial ext wastegate with the SLS ext dump o2 housing, now i have my boost controller tapped into the BOV line with a t fitting then running to the tial wastegate, but i cannot control boost it will just hit 19psi no more no less no matter how much i turn the boost up or down on the controller, i did not have any issues with the 14b its a hallman pro rx boost controller, but do you think i should change my pressure source maybe to the lower intercooler pipe where i do have a nipple available but its just plugged off right now

Give that a try, or try switching your lines on the MBC, you never know, they could be backwards.

What spring did you get in your external gate. 19 pounds no matter what you do? You could have a boost leak if you keep turning it up and keep pegging 19. Also you could have put the mbc on backwards. But when i did that I just kept building boost. Hit 26 lbs on stock fuel, which was not very pretty for the car.

fwdturbobov1996 said:
What spring did you get in your external gate. 19 pounds no matter what you do? You could have a boost leak if you keep turning it up and keep pegging 19. Also you could have put the mbc on backwards. But when i did that I just kept building boost. Hit 26 lbs on stock fuel, which was not very pretty for the car.

yeah well i really dont think its a a boost leak because with my boost controller backed all the way out where it would hit about 8-10psi its still at 19, like the controller isnt doing anything at all, but i think im gonna try swicthing from the bov line to the lower intercooler piping for a pressure source, because technically the bov line is just a source of vaccum not an actually source of boost, but ill see what that does for me

alright well this past weekend bolted on my brand new evo 3 16g purchased from slowboy, im running the tial 38mm ext wastegate with the SLS o2 housing with ext dump, and im getting creep and i dont know why its not horrible but it till hit around 19 and creep to 21-22... i dont have any leaks or anything, im also running the hallman pro boost controller

Make sure the controller is good, swap another one. Also boost leak test. I know you said no leaks but you have to have one if your creeping externally gated. The stock turbo wastegate is welded im sure so you cant blame the turbo.

An O2 mounted external wastegate, like an internal O2 dump, is not a guarrentee to solve boost creep because the restriction/cause is still in the turbine housing, porting of the turbine housing is still required in most cases.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back