The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Boost creep issue on 16g with o2 dump!? help! 21psi!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2GEEZEY

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 6, 2009
Elgin, Illinois
I need help with boost creep issue. Im running a evo 3 16g with a open dump, catless exhaust, stock mani. I have a 14b wastegate on it thats set to 15 psi because the WG that came on it was messed up. It creeps to 17-18 and if i go WOT in 2nd it sometimes hits 20-21. Same with 3rd. HELP!

Port the Turbine housing to open up the area where the exhaust gases enter the wastegate hole, or get some injectors and run 21psi. :thumb:

Lol actually im getting evo 560s this weekend. I hit fuel cut at like 18 ish.
But its not safe to run 20+ psi i thought?

I have a wally 255 and fuel labs afpr if that helps.

port the waste gate hole to the size of the flapper and bring the hole for the waste gate up more to the inlet.

Lol actually im getting evo 560s this weekend. I hit fuel cut at like 18 ish.
But its not safe to run 20+ psi i thought?

I have a wally 255 and fuel labs afpr if that helps.

its all in the tune and what gas you use. but you can get a really long way with a good tune. I have run 26psi on 92oct with zero knock and no meth. good intercooler and tune.

yeah everything else is done, i have a fmic, intake, etc. im saving up for a dsmlink, but going to pick up a safc this weekend off a buddy for pretty cheap.

I know that wont get my the best tune, but it should hold off until i get the link

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back