The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

GVR-4 Boost Control Solenoid Wiring Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dashnizzle

Proven Member
Jun 5, 2021
Montana
My boost control solenoid (Waste Gate Solenoid A-46-1) wire is connected to the ECU in the correct pin. I know its the wrong color its ok. There is a second wire that appears to bring the solenoid to ground to activate. It has been cut. I am curious where I am supposed to splice this second wire to so that the solenoid operates correctly. I will be installing an electronic boost controller once I get this sorted out.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

The ancient Egyptians have a more comprehensive written language than these wiring diagrams I swear. :idontknow:
I've found the diagram showing the connection and I'm still not sure where to tie it into:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Any help is appreciated!!!

It's grounding through the ECU. It's getting power from the MPI control relay (follow the circled 1 at the top left of the diagram back to the previous page).

I referenced this thread for diagrams: 1G All 90's with a 90 ECU and idle surge - Possible solution
This makes a lot more sense now.

So just to be sure, I should be able to splice into the red wire that goes back to the mpi relay and is shared with many others in that circuit?

On a side note, this solenoid male adapter I’m using has a smaller gauge wire than the original one when looking at the red (MPI) wire especially. Should I take the time to correct that as well?

So just to be sure, I should be able to splice into the red wire that goes back to the mpi relay and is shared with many others in that circuit?
Yes, exactly.

The wiring really depends on what your electronic boost controller requires. I'd imagine it'd be fine with close to original sized wire as I don't recall reading about anyone having to upgrade wiring for an EBC.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back