The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Boost Boyz & Girlz Project: "Wendy's Wings"

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toubaby2

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 24, 2006
Aberdeen, Maryland
In memory of Wendy Pate we have a new addition in our DSM stable. This will serve as our build thread of the car. I (Sandra) will be racing the car in NHRA's Lucas Oils Series and providing that I earn enough points also in a NHRA Full Throttle event. I am going to be attempting to grasp the NHRA national record for my class. With the help of Jeff Bush, Shawn, Russ and several others on this forum, I have no doubt that we can do it. With that said here is the first post on the project thread.

We just picked up ''Wendy's Wings," from West Virginia, she is a 92 Talon TSI, awd, auto. She came to us as a shell. We have a motor in the basement that was a spare for the laser which will be assembled and put in the talon. The talon will be converted and run as a laser. So we will be looking for laser cosmetic parts in th future, hint hint. Here is the first pic of her when we got her home tonight.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:
Looks like we'll have a whole team of cars out there in Wendy's honor soon. I told Brad about what I'm up to, basically building a small turbo FWD 5 spd and shooting for her original goals. Do you think you'll have it together in time for the E-town shootout this year?

Looks like we'll have a whole team of cars out there in Wendy's honor soon. I told Brad about what I'm up to, basically building a small turbo FWD 5 spd and shooting for her original goals. Do you think you'll have it together in time for the E-town shootout this year?

Steve without a doubt, providing that we can save a few dollars here and there we plan on it being up and racing within 2 months.
There are several things we still need:

1. turbo
2. exhust manifold
3. hoses
4. tires
5. battery and hold down
6. ECT...

Thats kool that you are building a car with wendy's name as the name of the build. Just some FYI the junkyard i go to has some lasers with pretty good body parts. The name of the place is winfields salvage. It is right outside Hancock MD. Hope that helps.

This is our very first auto dsm. Talk about foriegn. :hmm:
Where do we start?
Let's see how much we take out and what we have to put back in.

Thats kool that you are building a car with wendy's name as the name of the build. Just some FYI the junkyard i go to has some lasers with pretty good body parts. The name of the place is winfields salvage. It is right outside Hancock MD. Hope that helps.

Thanks for the heads up. I think we just need a laser front bumper cover.

You might want to start a new build blog instead of a thread.

I tried but it wouldn't let me in the blog section. OK started a blog but it wouldn't let me post pics.

Last edited:
1st step .....out with the old. Removing some unnecessary components.

Wow that should be great, i saw some pics of you guys at the shootout, sounds like a great project. I hope its sucessful.

Me and my pilot.

Some will love it and some will hate it. :D

Look what the UPS man brought me today... just in time for NSCRA this weekend at Maryland Int'l Raceway.

New stickers for Wendy's Wings. She started up and we found a few leaks, but none of them are oil.:hellyeah:

I really envy everyone who has been showing support to wendy and I have been searching but cant find where to buy the wendy support ribbon sticker.

update

WCF's Import vs. Domestic @ MIR, 1st event with the car. WOW is all I can say. I lost with a breakout but it was worth it to run my 12 that was aiming for as a stepping stone with this stock set up. I have to thank a few people who made this all possible. First thank you Shawn for finally getting me what i wanted. Then Jeff Bush, English Racing, and Mark @ Metro Transmissions. Third Sherwin and Rob for helping put it back togather all on wednesday night. And all of our friends who have stuck in there with me throughout all of the failures. Wendy this one was for you.

New stock rebuit engine
Big 16G turbocharger
Jeff Bush (English Racing) automatic transmission with ALL the trimmings built by Mark at Metro Transmission in Woodland, Washington
Jeff Bush Hughes spragless billet torque converter
Punishment Racing front mount intercooler
Jeff Bush/Lucas English (English Racing) tuned ECMLink V.3 with map sensor
880cc injectors
Walbro 255 hp high output fuel pump
stock blowoff valve
spare tire still in the trunk

With her first full pass, Sandra went 13.78@101 mph. The car, thanks to Jeff, who's here at the US Army World Cup Finals with us, should do a little better after some tuning tweaks we performed last night. Right now, we're slowly learning how to stall her up without rolling through the beams. We threw a little trick into the tune last night that should allow us to get it done today. Stayed tuned, and wish Wendy's Wings and Sandra good luck!! Having the World's quickest and fastest automatic awd dsm owner here can't hurt, either!

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!

Sandra's first test pass this morning: 13.12@103!!

We made a few more corrections, and she should plop down a 12.90 or better today!! We'll keep you posted!
Here's another update guys!!!!

Wendy's Wings: 12.93@104mph.....

She's SOOOOOOO happy!!

This posted by Eclipsed4speed.....
Well I need to jump in here and say Sandra has finally started to get this car working for her. With the current tune I have in her car it's making right at 42.8 lbs/permin at spiking 29 psi holding 22 out the top shifting at 6350. I can personally hold the car on the foot brake easilly at 22psi and 4200 rpm, but it not that easy for her so we will need to make this car a bit more user friendly. With the current combo I know I can make it run a very low 12's and she with a few more runs will be ready to take it to the next level. I had a great weekend and seeing the smiles on her face was worth all the hours of work to make this happen, Thank you so much Shawn and Sandy for giving me the opportunity to come to the East side and be apart of your project.

P.S. for those wondering.............. The car took all the beating with ZERO mechanical problems and is ready for battle no sweat. AUTO FTMFW

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back