The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Boost boys and Girlz Racing @ Atco for the Pan-American Nationals

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toubaby2

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 24, 2006
Aberdeen, Maryland
HAPPY AS HELL . This pass almost didn't happpen. We won the first round but had to tow back to the pits; temp 250, radiator hose split. No problem right? Change the hose, start it up. Negative. They have called us twice to the lanes. Ok compression check, 135 across ,check the cam angle sensor. Once again rob from the talon to get the laser down the track. Ok she starts up, and guess what the nitrous bottle is empty. Ok run to the speed shop across the pits and they are closed. Ok nothing to do but change the map and run without it. Get up to the lanes and they say we haven't called you yet, "yes they have". Persistancy paid off we go on up. We're the last car. Stage up, lights come down, balls to the wall. 9.91 ....and guess what? Break out, dailed in a 10 flat. What the hell else can you expect from us?
I'll take a loss by breakout for a 9.91 no nitrous pass! :thumb:
:laser: :talon: :dsm:

Congrats and nice car you got there, I came all the way from Puerto Rico with team Puerto Rico, i work for grs-motorsports.com and I was taking pictures and i was amazed on your Laser, awesome ET. you gave me a tumbs up seconds before you made the 9.91 run, i was wearing a black shirt with GRS logos, hope you remember me.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Thank you for the great pics. This makes us feel very good.

JeanDSM,
I completely remember that moment where I gave the thumbs up sign to you. I can't believe you got such detailed pics of the car after I went into the burnout box! Let me just tell you: We had such a tough time getting up to the staging lanes, I didn't think I'd get to make a run. I must admit, the car felt pretty "lazy" off the line. I didn't think I was on any kind of good pass, so I pulled the chute a tick early, thinking that I was far enough out on my opponent to still secure the win. I got onto the return road and the man from the NHRA Safety Safari said, "Man, you need to learn to look behind you!" I was like......"Why?" He said, "Because you broke out!!!" Our dial in was a 10.00!! My crew came down the return road going crazy!!! They told me we went 9.91 and I went nuts! This isn't a big deal to some, but your first 9 second pass is a really exciting moment! The fact that we did it in the heat of the day without nitrous oxide is a big deal for us! It's time for us to build on these small steps gained and keep moving forward with the progress of our race effort. I hope to see some DSM faithful at Pinks All Out this weekend.

Shawn Brown
Boost Boyz Racing

Great Job Shawn!! I know how it feels to hit your 1st 9sec pass. It's a day you will never forget. Crazy story man! But you guys got the job done. Well deserved!!

Nice job, Im a big DSM fan and I with team puerto rico and your car cought my attention since you and another purple dsm (same team i think) were the only ones out there and a blue rwd corolla with a 4g63. I knew i saw pics of your car on this forum before so i took the pictures and when i saw you running 9's i was celebrating and your crew was screaming and jumping but at the same time i wanted you to go for another round cus i wanted to put an on board camera on your car. I was about to go to your pit to talk to you and meet you but there was the finals of PR vs. USA or more likely USA vs. USA and i had to go to the tower.

If you want this pictures in a larger size just let me know, hope to meet you in the near future, were also covering the Fall Nationals in Englishtown and hope to see you again next year at the pan ams.

JeanDSM,
Yes that burgundy car was with us. When I decided I wanted to drag race, that Talon was my first car. I ran it in Nopi's Nopi Chic class my first year and was 3rd in points. The next year we made some upgrades and I raced it in NHRA Sport Compact SRWD class. Then at the end of last year I decided I wanted to go faster. So that is how we got where we are now with the white Laser. I raced it in Nopi's Hot Rod class this year, untill the Atco race where I was in an atv accident in the pits. This is when Shawn stepped up to the plate and has been driving the car since then. I was 4th in points at the termination of the Nopi series. That 9.91 pass was monumental for us, as we have broke many essential components in the last few races, and have not been able to finish an event. I believe this is the turning point for us and that there will be a lot more to come out of this car in the future. We will be at Englishtown this weekend for Pinks All Out. It would truly be a dream come true to be one of the 16 picked to be in the show. After that we will be going to the DSM Shootout at Norwalk Raceway Park. We will also be at the Fall Nationals at Englishtown in October. We look forward to this event and meeting you there. We'll keep in contact between now and then and keep you posted on our progress.

If anyone happens to have captured this pass on video we would be grateful to see it. Since they wouldn't let us tow, we were unable to get the pass on video.

Let me see if my friend recorded the run and ill let you know, good luck in gettin in the 16s in the pinks all out and hope to meet you at the fall nationals

Yes it was the Dog Box Racing Laser, but now it is The Boost Boyz & Girlz Racing Laser. LOL. I don't mind. We acquired her last year, made many changes and have been racing her all of this year. You can see her at Pinks All Out at Englishtown Raceway Park this Friday night and Saturday.

I hate that I'm just now seeing this thread, but I've been out of town and away from the internet for a few weeks. Sean and Sandra, congrats on 9's... I know a smidgen of how hard y'all work to get there.

Hey better late then never. How have you been? Well it is Thursday night well make that Friday morning at 12:30. We are on interstate 95 heading south and then we will take 70 west on our way to the DSM Shoot Out. I'll keep you posted through out the weekend. And if your at the shoot out then I guess we will see you there. I got my cast off but still haven't been back in the car. It is still very painful and physical therapy is killing me. It's more pain then when I came out of surgery or at least pretty close to it.

Buschur's or Bust...

Sandra, Shawn and the rest of the team. I really appricate you guys trailoring my friend Dans car back home. You guys are TRUE DSM'ers. Not only that, but you guys helped us the following night with flywheel bolts. I can't thank you guys enough and I'm sure Dan feels the same way. You guys took a HUGE weight off our shoulders.

Please make sure to visit our local forum as we'd love to meet up with you guys sometime.
www.SPADSM.com

-ScottH

Sandra, Shawn and the rest of the team. I really appricate you guys trailoring my friend Dans car back home. You guys are TRUE DSM'ers. Not only that, but you guys helped us the following night with flywheel bolts. I can't thank you guys enough and I'm sure Dan feels the same way. You guys took a HUGE weight off our shoulders.

Please make sure to visit our local forum as we'd love to meet up with you guys sometime.
www.SPADSM.com

-ScottH

i agree 100% with scott, shawn and sandra are outstanding people and have a true dsm spirit. the shootout was awesome i couldnt have had a better time spending it with you guys. althought we had to keep keith and pa-pa in line LOL it was an awesome time i am going to try to be able to go to englishtown with you in september.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back