The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

boost and performance differences 14b an EVO III Big 16G ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mellon

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 30, 2004
Memphis, Tennessee
hey guys.. what's the real world performance difference between 14B's and evo III big 16G's ?

spoolup?
hp?
maximum boost held to redline?

thanks,

MNGSX said:
EVO14b or one of AGP's offerings...
What is an EVO14b? :p

hey guys.. what's the real world performance difference between 14B's and evo III big 16G's ?
Probably lose about 200-300 in spool up but great improvement between 5-7k rpm.

aren't there any hard numbers out there?

I dont have any numbers..

However i have a friend with a Gvr4 who has a Evo3 16g and i ran him in my 14b powered talon..

Here is a list of mods on each of our cars..

Gvr4
Built 2.3L stroker w/o BS
Wess Hess ported Cyl Head with sotck valvetrain and cams
FMIC with stock pipes
550 Injectors
DSMchip
2.5" Exhaust stock O2
MBC (Set at 19psi)
Evo 3 16g turbo
Walboro 190LPH fuel pump
K&N Filter

My Car
Stock Internal 171k Miles 2.0L Motor
Stock Side Mount Intercooler
Turbo Xs MBC (set to 19psi fell to 15-16 at 6500Rpm)
Custom o2 Housing
Buschur Racing Turboback
Walbro Fuel Pump
Accel Plug Wires
NGK plugs
K&N Filter
BS removal

We did a total of 4-5 pulls, Each run from 35-40Mph my car would walk out ahead by 2-3 cars :toobad:

STHPERFORMANCE said:
We did a total of 4-5 pulls, Each run from 35-40Mph my car would walk out ahead by 2-3 cars :toobad:
ROFL Either something is wrong with his car or you need to teach him how to drive. ROFL

oldman said:
ROFL Either something is wrong with his car or you need to teach him how to drive. ROFL

Yeah, We are going to run again. Now he isnt running stock IC piping so him and his mechanic think that opened the door to some HP..

Also, I am no longer on a BAD MAF as i was running a BAD MAF when we ran the first time.

So we'll see :rocks:

STHPERFORMANCE said:
Yeah, We are going to run again. Now he isnt running stock IC piping so him and his mechanic think that opened the door to some HP..
I disagree, something must be wrong. 14b to evo16g is a huge jump, not to mention the larger injectors compensated by eprom. I suspect he either has boost leaks or tuning issues. I don't see logger or safc on the list, a lot of times injectors do not flow exactly as it's labeled, tuning and logging capabilities are still needed with an eprom chip.

wassup scott you don't even mention paradise DSM biaatch

i'm not exactly sure why the galant didnt produce...even the weight was real close since the ABS and 4 wheel steering was removed from the galant

drivers were both compentent - just something up with the gvr4

1993eclipseGS said:
If you used the search feature, You would have found your answer already. Comparing a 14b to an evo16g is like comparing apples and oranges.

my searches didn't answer my questions :notgood:

apples and oranges comment isn't helpful either ;)

heres a better question

why don't we ask the folks over at buschur what the differnce between the EVO3 16G and the EVO3GT turbo :nono:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back