The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Bolt-on exhaust and check engine light?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

velocitytuner

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 19, 2012
Poulsbo, Washington
have a 99 eclipse rs n/t
was wondering about these bolt on exghaust systems ive been finding online from header to muffler, if i bolt it on do i need to have anything else done to the car in order for the system run run sinq with the car?

another ?

my check engine light came on. so went to auto soze they read the code an came back as
Faulty fuel cap
leaking vent or purge solenoid
evap hose faulty
leak on fuel tank

i replaced the fuel cap an the light is still on i havent had the chance yet to go get the light turned off again.
i dont see/smell any signs of fuel leaking.
im not sure what a leaking vent or purge solenoid is or evap?

any help would be awesome!

the ticket hear from az read p0455

leaky vent or purge solenoid code# aa2
evap hose faulty code# aa3

the whole manifold to exhuast bolts right up with no problem. make sure you got all required gaskets and cat or test pipe not sure what route you going with that. like the other members said you got a leat. maybe a cracked line.

this is my first import guys an i appriciate all the help so i will have to look into the evap leak more.

does nyone have any further info about these bolt on performance exghaust systems?

well if its a header back then its cutting out the catalyst converter which will more than likey throw a p0420 code(catalyst efficency) most people add a spacer to the bung in between the 2nd 02 sensor and pipe to help prevent the code from popping up.

Last edited:
My car threw the same code before. The gas cap was off/gone on mine and that was all it was. I'd get the code taken out and see if it comes back on. If it does then you know that you'll have to look further.

wow last owners negligent ownership had to switch out my front wheel bearing hubs an the drivers side took a 20ton press to get it off. that left to cv in bad shape =(

If you want an exhaust for that price range look into obx type r and megan header. As far as the test pipe and the code you can go buy two spark plug defoulers cut the bottom out of one and screw them both together and screw the sensor back in. that will make it read better and not plug up the sensor with exhaust fumes unless you run a cat. Check all of your vacuum hoses. The evap canister is under neath the right fender towards the front bumper you might have a hose that fell off

If you want an exhaust for that price range look into obx type r and megan header. As far as the test pipe and the code you can go buy two spark plug defoulers cut the bottom out of one and screw them both together and screw the sensor back in. that will make it read better and not plug up the sensor with exhaust fumes unless you run a cat. Check all of your vacuum hoses. The evap canister is under neath the right fender towards the front bumper you might have a hose that fell off

....Damn, you got to it before me. LOL

...Do the non-foulers & that should clear the OBD II codes.

ive been looking into the megan headers picking one up an selling the one that comes with the kit...

I'm having a difficult time understanding you, velocitytuner. Please try to use a little better spelling and grammar. Future users will have an easier time searching for this thread, and current users will have an easier time helping you now.

miss spelling + on phone on forum = fail sorry.....

looking to convert my rear drum brakes to disc...any suggestions?

whats the difference between 1g an 2g? 1st gen an 2nd gen? if so what are the years considered?

1g's are 90-94 and 2g's are 95-99. you need 95-99 gs/gst or gsx doner for the break conversion to work right. i think you need to change the proportioning valve too. everything bolts up you might need the rear break lines too.

awesome thankyou a local wrecking yard just got a few gsx in im gonna go check out thanks

yea i was thinking about taking the whole system or the factory componets an buying new slotted rotors an the gsx master cylnder an just swaping out the whole system.

My car threw the same code before. The gas cap was off/gone on mine and that was all it was. I'd get the code taken out and see if it comes back on. If it does then you know that you'll have to look further.

so i replaced my gas cap...got the check engine light turned off...came back on so i went into the evap canister? behind the bumper on the passenger side an replaced to hoses...had the light turned off again...light came back on...

any suggestions?

also anyone have any experience one the obx intake manifold?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back