The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

2G 98 GSX bogs down at low rpm and under boost

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Ciechowski

Probationary Member
Nov 16, 2015
Clearwater, Florida
I have a 98 gst 4g63 wit the stock garret t25. Recently the car kind of bogs until it hits about 2500k rpms. But if put my foot in it it bogs all the way to redline. Fuel injectors are new, new plugs, new wires, new coils, new MAP sensor. One thing I noticed though is that the aluminum mesh inside the Mass Air Flow Sensor is gone. Any ideas? Thank guys!!!

You should still perform a boost leak test, you can have leaks and the gauge read constant. What type of gauge are you using? What your describing sounds like a boost leak and/or timing related so I would verify your ignition timing and mechanical timing.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back