The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G Bogging issue after installing FMIC

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ty bojengles

Probationary Member
Aug 29, 2008
bismarck, North_Dakota
I have a 95 GSX (t25) and I've got a problem with bogging after installing FMIC! Only if i give it about 50% or more throttle. I'm totally stock except an intake pipe/filter, BOV, and an FMIC. When i give it a decent amount of gas it bogs down and makes sort of a lower growl sound from the engine. (not TOO loud.) It bucks a little bit when it bogs but not much. The weird thing is when it gets to about 4500 RPM's, it kicks it in the ass and pulls hard all the way to redline!? it seems like somebody puts a grocery bag over my air filter, then takes it off at 4500 rpm. :confused:

I've noticed that the turbo is MUCH MUCH louder than it was when i bought the car less than a year ago. I have no boost leaks and its not smoking or anything. My stock boost gauge goes all the way up when i boost, and it does this in all gears. I plan on getting a 16g, boost gauge/controller, and fuel pump as soon as i have enough money.

Has anybody had or heard of any similar issues? I want to get this thing running good before i start putting more power to it. Thanks in advance for any help!

bogging can result in running too rich ... or knock ... so log your car...

Yes im sure there are no leaks, and whats the cheapest way to go about logging my car. I've never done anything to do with logging before and i,m pretty broke right now! Is there a free program maybe that i can just use with a laptop? I just think its weird that the bog goes away at 4500 RPM every time. Good suggestions! keep em coming!

I have a question what fmic did you intall on your car, the reason I am asking is because you might not have enough turbo to keep it presurized at idle or you have serious boost leak.

Yes im sure there are no leaks, and whats the cheapest way to go about logging my car. I've never done anything to do with logging before and i,m pretty broke right now! Is there a free program maybe that i can just use with a laptop? I just think its weird that the bog goes away at 4500 RPM every time. Good suggestions! keep em coming!

mitsulogger is free.. download and use with laptop ... (recommend evoscan not free)
cable can be had here Mitsubishi OBDII DataLogger - EvoScan for use with mitsulogger or evoscan

OK, I've been wanting to get some kind of logging software for a while now. The POCKETLogger setup is pretty cheap! and i can get a palm on Ebay for like 40 bucks! so I'll probably do that within the next couple weeks. Hopefully that should be sufficient!

I have the Punishment Racing FMIC. Its pretty big, but would my turbo being too small give me a bogging affect like it is? I would think it would just take a little longer to build boost than before . ? . ? . ? I just got a better paying job, and if my turbo is the problem then i should be getting a 16g fairly soon! But if not . . . then i want to figure out what it IS so i can start getting supporting mods for one anyway! :thumb:

Any more help would be appreciated! i can't afford a logger until next payday! I did notice that it IS smoking a little bit! but only every once and a while for just a little bit after startup. its a white-ish smoke with a hint of blue. I also have a lot more power when the engine is cold than i do after its been running for a while. Any help is MUCH appreciated!

Any more help would be appreciated! i can't afford a logger until next payday! I did notice that it IS smoking a little bit! but only every once and a while for just a little bit after startup. its a white-ish smoke with a hint of blue. I also have a lot more power when the engine is cold than i do after its been running for a while. Any help is MUCH appreciated!

OK... CEL? Next thing by chance in the process of installing this fmic , did you disconnect your coolant temp sensor? What condition are your plugs in? Why the fmic if you don't have a boost gauge, and other supporting mods? It can also be your CAS acting up. Theres too many variables. simple but PITA undo whatever you did and return the car back to how it was and see if that makes a difference.

I don't think i disconnected it. where is it located? Yes i have a CEL. I should be getting a pocketLOGGER in a couple weeks though. would the CEL tell me if it was the CAS? I can't wait to log it and see what its doing when its bogging so i can relay the info! I don't know the first thing about tuning/logging. The reason for the FMIC is my IC pipes were going way bad and i was having a big problem with leaks! Plus i got a good deal on it! I was planning on having a 16G, fuel pump, boost guage and controller by now but I ended up moving and now my car is acting up! so i really want to figure out whats wrong so i can start throwing all my money at it! :D PLEASE PLEASE help me if you have ANY ideas guys!

Anybody have similar issues? It definitely gets up and goes better at 3/4 throttle than it does at WOT! I don't understand it.

I think its running rich! The smoke only rolls out when i almost floor it in neutral. It doesn't smell like oil or sweet like coolant! it just smells very strongly like gas. It's not very much, and it's hard to see, but it looks like it has a black tint to it. So, until i can get my car logged . . . . . does anybody have an idea of anything that could make my car run rich enough to bog down and smoke a little after a FMIC install? . . . . or just in general?

Ok, i just ordered a cable and EVOscan! Should be here within a week or so! Hopefully then i can start figuring out what the problem is.

You shouldn't ever run a car hard when its at cold temperatures, always let it warm up to the proper temp before ramming on it.

You shouldn't ever run a car hard when its at cold temperatures, always let it warm up to the proper temp before ramming on it.

Not literally cold! Just not warmed up to regular running temp... Once it warms all the way up it acts like it has a huge boost leak! (even though it doesn't!)

I feel as stoopid as an acorn at a walnut convention!!!:confused: i found out that it was all because my negative battery cable was a little bit loose and it got corroded on the terminal! i cleaned it of and bought a new terminal clamp and now everything is fine! the bogging stopped, it spools up way faster, and my check engine light went off. now its off to buy a turbo and an exhaust!!!!!!!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back