The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Body project for my 1995 talon (Pics)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krais

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 31, 2009
Saint Petersburg, Florida
Okay so i need some ideas, There is a decent amount of problems with the body of this car. Any ideas/ suggestions will be looked into.

First of all: The hood.

Looks as if someone dropped something on the hood, The previous owner. And it broke the headlight bracket, and shoved the headlight in, On the one side. yes i realize the car needs a paint job, But i can't do anything about that till i fix the body work.

Also note the chunk missing out of the front bumper, Any ideas on how to fix it? fiberglass? Or should i just buy a new bumper?

Attachments

• IMG_1551.jpg
    IMG_1551.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 240
  • IMG_1552.jpg
    IMG_1552.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_1544.jpg
    IMG_1544.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 246
Also the door handles, They were cut off. The kid was going to shave the handles down, But obviously never got around to it. Ive already found good door handles, I just cannot figure out how to get them off. (Guess i should get a car manual huh? haha) Anyways heres his hackjob on the door handles.

The side skirts have some rust, It was a northern car. Need ideas on how to fix it, Or if i should just buy new side skirts. I like the look of the stock DSM body, But if i have to ill just buy a bodykit to fix the front bumper, and sideskirts at once.

The previous owner also primered the entire sideskirt, on both sides. To help prevent any other rusting.

It would cost more money to fix the bumper then to buy a new one. Do you want to keep it a talon bumper or go to an eclipse 2gb? If I were you I'd get the talon 2gb because they are sexy, and if you get any bumper 97<, you will need to get new headlights to fit. You can get a cheap pair of ebay halo's for about 90$.

Edit: just saw your post about the skirts, do you have any pics of them? OEM Side skirts aren't too easy to find for our cars, and usually no where near cheap... as for the door handle just search for a thread about it, I know there are plenty because how horrible the door handles were designed.

Sorry forgot to add the pics to the previous post.

Attachments

• l_774d8c966c2c4b4385c466340e717d97.jpg
    l_774d8c966c2c4b4385c466340e717d97.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 256
  • l_9b33bf0c17c140b3b76d0baba6a26ef6.jpg
    l_9b33bf0c17c140b3b76d0baba6a26ef6.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 256
  • l_a04f1badf7694fabab9e5fd48c2afb06.jpg
    l_a04f1badf7694fabab9e5fd48c2afb06.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 255
It would cost more money to fix the bumper then to buy a new one. Do you want to keep it a talon bumper or go to an eclipse 2gb? If I were you I'd get the talon 2gb because they are sexy, and if you get any bumper 97<, you will need to get new headlights to fix. You can get a cheap pair of ebay halo's for about 90$.

Id like to get the talon 2gb bumper, Its pretty awesome looking. And honestly, Its a 1996 talon. I put 1995 like a tard.

Well 95&96= same body parts, and it does look like that side skirt is too far gone to bring back. And I agree about the talon 2gb bumper, but if thats the route you take new headlights will be needed. Maybe you could find some after market side skirts that could flow well with the OEM bumpers. Right now I have a full body kit ( bought it like that) and I just bought a 2gb rear, and am getting a 2gb front from certifit for 65$ new. I'm planning on keeping my blitz skirts and hopefully it won't look too horrible with OEM bumpers.

I may just get a fully body kit that would fit with my headlights. Then again i guess i should just go with the 2gb talon bumper, and a new set of OEM skirts, Because the one headlight bracket is broken anyways.

And im too lazy to clean them out, They have the yellow crap in them ( a bit) So ill just pickup new glass headlights, if i can.

I agree about the talon 2gb bumper, but if thats the route you take new headlights will be needed.

He does NOT need new headlights if he goes to a Talon 2gb bumper. All the Talon 2g's had the same headlights. If you're ordering headlights for a 2g Talon just get them for a 95-96 Eclipse. It will be MUCH easier that way.

I have a NICE 1996 Talon front bumper with NO cracks rips or tears. PM me for details.

Attachments

• 08-09-08_1529.jpg
    08-09-08_1529.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 226
Definitely replace that front bumper. Certifit.com makes brand new 2gb front bumpers for $48. They're missing the Eagle emblem in the middle though. And you'd be hard pressed to find good OEM replacement side skirts. You might be better off getting mild bodykit sides instead (urethane, of course).

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back