The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

body parts

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IntenseEclipse

Probationary Member
Oct 31, 2002
dahlonega, dahlonegageorgia
Im getting a hood,fenders ,front and rear bumper. What places ahve very high quaility kits and who makes a good carbon fiber hood that won't need hood pins? Any suggestions on what i should get would be appreciated and any help would be nice! TIA and btw check out my car in the gallery and feel free to hit me up on AIM

Unless you want your hood to come up and smash your windshiel, get the hood pins. I did see a company on ebay that was selling carbon fiber hoods for $400. They looked great quality, rolled edges, factory bumb in the hood, but they fiberglassed in steel reinforcements to make the hodd stronger. I look identical to an oem hood, just that it had a carbon fiber top, instead of steel. Kind of pointless to me. If you want a cf hood, it should be for weight reduction. Not for looks, but, to each his own. I belive that the guys on the board like the VIS cf hoods, I don't have one yet, but soon. Body kits look for companies that make them out of eurathane, the fiberglass ones aren't bad, but crack under extreme temp.

Even though VIS is the best.(which is what I have). You will absolutley need hood pins or you are playing russian roulette everytime you take a ride.

I absolutely hate hood pins.Is there any other way to hold the hood down>? Thanks for the help but some ideas on what to get could help. thanks

Originally posted by IntenseEclipse
I absolutely hate hood pins.Is there any other way to hold the hood down>? Thanks for the help but some ideas on what to get could help. thanks

just pray it doesent come open, vis hoods have been known NOT to come open

there are fastners called DZUS fastners they go under the hood they use these on race cars it takes more time then money to do but look them up i know some guys that use them so they dont have to use hood pins n worry about pressure cracks on the hoods

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back