The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

body kit opinion

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

broken_scars

Probationary Member
Jul 6, 2008
Huchinson, Minnesota
i have a 90 talon awd tsi..this is my last year of auto body school and im looking to do a project. i do not like to fancy. i like smooth body lines but i think it would be a fun project since the body needs work also. going to replace the rocker pannels..i would like some opinions on body kits for this car and please dont reply saying dont do it!! this is not going to be a over the top fast and furious car..no spoilers or 20 inch chrome rims. i have covered the engine and turbo already so this wont be some lame piece of crap. car is going to be all black with black rims...just would like some opinions on what body kit to go with and company...thanks guys

thanks..i do like the drift style. if i did that i would go with the drift front bumper also...not a huge fan of the blits style

or you can keep it stock and cut down on getting pulled over. plus our cars arent drifters (thank god)
why put money into going crazy with body parts when you can actually increase your performance with that money. just my 2 cence though.

i have never heard of someone gettin pulled over for having a body kit. if your speeding and you have a body kit well....the person deserves it. i have covered the engine part already and achieved what i wanted and for my last year project i would like to do this..just wondering if people have found body kits they like more than the norm. thanks

How about taking the stock body, and fiberglassing your own 1 off ..I like the 1gb talon body myself..That would look heavenly extended..

Since your talking kit, Id have to go drift If I had to really choose..

Last edited:
Sometimes I regret putting my kit on because I get hate on alot but it all comes down to what you like.

The "Drift" kit on my car.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

if you really wanna put a body kit on it, go drifter.
the drifter kit isnt to flashy and yoy said you wanted smooth body lines, so if that kit has any spots you dont want, you could easily smooth them out.

See if you could find a lip kit...Lip kits can do alot in the looks dept..Ive always been a fan of them

Sometimes I regret putting my kit on because I get hate on alot but it all comes down to what you like.

The "Drift" kit on my car.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

The kit throws me off, Sorry..I just don't see the sex appeal with the kit on this car...I love the tails, and the color, the kit just makes me not want to slap its ass..LOL...Id rather have a the lip kit on the back and sides..

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back