The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

body kit for the 2g rs what do you think

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

well the said thing is bro i have 500 dollars for a body kit because the rest is going to go towards paint for the car do you happean to know how much they are or the link to them man by chance

Convert the car to a 2gb talon. It has a very aggressive style to it

well the said thing is bro i have 500 dollars for a body kit because the rest is going to go towards paint for the car do you happean to know how much they are or the link to them man by chance

Are you on acid? Lol. You just said you were looking at body kits now you want to know where to find them....?

As for the body kit, I really like most body kits so I say go for it.

I just bought my Gsx and the kid had a blitz kit on it in in the process of removing it and going 2gb imma sell it cheap fiberglass sucks for bumpers and stuff

Stock looks best imo with cutting the mustache, but your n/a so no front mount so if your going with a body kit find a nice front bumper that hides the ugliness behind the bumper.

thats why im going with this one
Extreme Dimensions B-2 Body Kit - FULL KIT for 95-99 Mitsubishi Eclipse at Andy's Auto Sport

and ill stick some grill mesh or something in there yah no its kinda simple not bad but itll still turn heads

Ya that's a nice clean kit, your like the first one that hasn't chose the fast and furious body kit that looks like an airplane. The rear bumper is not my favorite looks like a droopy booty LOL, but then again it's not my car.:D All tho not a fan of mesh should be a nice kit. I demand pics when it's done!

yah i dont really like the back end but idk what else would truly go on good with it yah know and yah idk what else to put in beside alluminum mesh because i dont have a turbo?? and yah that one from f&f is brians body kit not a huge fan of it honestly LOL and the sad thing is im getting a fibberglass hood :/ because i cant afford a carbon fiber

well i just did a paint job and 2gb conversion and my painter hates anything that isnt urethane. if someone doesnt know what there doing it can turn a body kit job into a big mess and not look proper. personally i love the stock gb look on an eclipse with complete foglights and everything. if you dont like the back bumper you can always mix and match kits together if you talk to the supplier. carid.com has lots of body kits too.

It's ok every carbon fiber hood I seen that is not garaged and drove once a year has cracks LOL. Just make sure if you use other body kit parts to check length so they match the length how low the side skirts go, otherwise your ass will look goofy like it's not dropped with the rest of the car. As of mesh I would just leave the holes the way they are but it's up to you black mesh might be ok. There is just 1,000 riced out hondas here that have beat up mesh around there bumper just looks bad to me.

thanks man appreciate it i just dont know what would look good on the back end that would look decent with the rest and there is no way im paying for urathane LOL i trust my mechanic been doing stuff on eclipses body kits etc forever so i trust him and duraflex is pretty good right from what i read it sounds good i just dont know anyone with duraflex anything

I have seen alot like bmw's, scions, nissans and what not have duraflex kits, seems to be good. Im no pro with fiberglass but I know that duraflex some real nice flexable stuff.

Ya I don't know if you came across some my post about 420a and when I built mine definitely not worth the money to try to make the little power you will get out a n/a 4 banger. But on a side note I do love a nice looking eclipse/talon cosmetic wise. I just wish I could paint car's so I wouldn't have chips, I love clean paint. Here is pic my first eclipse. I wasted money engine even turbing the 420a but then decided that just nice rims, slammed on some coil overs, fresh white paint, and yes fully blacked out windows can't see in or out of them made the car look so nice. And no the driver and passenger windows don't have tint or I couldn't see while driving.:p Always liked the stock front and rear bumper they seemed clean enough shape for me.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

yah dude thats hella nice man like i mean nice shit if you lived closer my guy could hook you with paint idk if youve searched through any of my pics but this is what mine looks like right now the way i bought it

theres a bad rusy spot same place both sides and im swapping the hatch for one like you have ### i love the stock wing and those rims on there are before and the other rims are the ones i got now over 3500 dollars for all rims and tires and they were all free less then 50 miles on both

Attachments

• 8796050.jpg
    8796050.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 619
  • rims.jpg
    rims.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 615
I personally like the evo 5 body kit, but its all about opinion, i also like the 2gb stock kit so sexy but here is what the evo 5 looks like on my talon. Oh and dont buy fiberglass you will definatley regret it as you can see on the 1st pic the cracks on mine are barely from bottoming out, it only takes one little rub.. :-L

If you think 500 dollars is going to cut it for a body kit you are mistaken. There is a whole lot of bodywork you need to do to make it fit right and unless you are a body pro your going to have to pay someone to do that on top of paying someone to prep and paint your car... Just stick with stock.

If you think 500 dollars is going to cut it for a body kit you are mistaken. There is a whole lot of bodywork you need to do to make it fit right and unless you are a body pro your going to have to pay someone to do that on top of paying someone to prep and paint your car... Just stick with stock.

I am far from a pro and i did mine all myself. Some sand paper a dremel some bondo and fiberglass patch, primer and paint to match,, But yes he is right there is A LOT of work to do to make it fit right and look right not just "moving it around to fit right or having to drill mounting holes" you have to cut away add cut add cut add i thought it was going to be easy ya know just drilling the bolt holes etc. hahaha .... No... :| keep in mind it will cost quite a bit for the stuff to make it look right but i am not a pro at all and i am almost finished a year later.. LOL..aftermarket kits need love to fit.. stock kits you can bolt up and just love.. :D

oh btw i paid $420 for the evo 5 kit shipped to my doorstep and spent probably the same amount to get it installed and look right and that is myself doing all the work and a half way decent paint job.. "white is the easiest color to work with :D"

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back