The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

Body and “frame” welding

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Canatalon

Probationary Member
Feb 28, 2021
Summerside, PE_Canada
Hi everyone! I have some “structural” welding let’s say to do on my 2g, does anyone have any experience in this? Both rear lift plates need to be patched and the corner of the “frame” where the lift plate is in the rear right at the bottom of the wheel well. Any suggestions or tips?

Thanks

Do you best to weld things flush and butted up against with the oem material. Don't just box it in with overlapping sheet metal. Other than that, it's pretty much like any other welding. Cut out the rust, clean it up, and go to town.

Awesome! I figured as much. I have the trunk welded in and I figured it would be close to the same, but seeing as some of it underneath is structural I was a little worried LOL just tricky places to get with the welder 🤪

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Check out my build thread as i done all this work recently in 2020! I got many pictures of what i done and also the rear panels

Check out my build thread as i done all this work recently in 2020! I got many pictures of what i done and also the rear panels
Yea for sure! I’ve been readi
for sure! I’ve been looking st the polycarbonate windows you got, they seem like a pretty slick idea as well 😂 my driver side quarter window is leaking so I’ve been searching for the alternatives aha

Thanks!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back