The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

bNasty's GS-T = Roasted status )':

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bNasty

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 15, 2009
Chantilly, Virginia
The oil feed for the turbo blew apart. This spilled oil on the exhaust manifold. And the result is a dsm moment. Radiator is toast and probably a lot of the wiring harness, well see today when i get around to tearing it apart. I had time to snap the pic because i didnt have a fire extinguisher and i took everything out i could, the most helpless feeling ever just watching your car burn.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

dam dude. that must be hard to watch. hope it didn't do much damage. like you said maybe a lot of wires. but nothing you can rip out of an old gst. good luck bro:)

Damn that sucks man. I'm surprised the radiator hose didn't melt !

if u get another or rebuild this one i have a oil feed line u can have just pay shipping...i dont use ss line ive had 1 blow on me too...i use hydrolic line for semi trucks breaks systems LOL its ss braided but silicone lined and teflon coated it says right on it handles up to 3000psi all u need is the fitting for the turbo lmk

i wouldnt like to see my car imitate a fireplace either...

if u get another or rebuild this one i have a oil feed line u can have just pay shipping...i dont use ss line ive had 1 blow on me too...i use hydrolic line for semi trucks breaks systems LOL its ss braided but silicone lined and teflon coated it says right on it handles up to 3000psi all u need is the fitting for the turbo lmk

i wouldnt like to see my car imitate a fireplace either...

I will pm you, thank you. I have another dsm awd talon thats the build car, im planning on selling this when i finish fixing it.

DAMN!!! Sorry man, it's shit like this that scares the crap out of me, I would never want that to happen to my car or anyones car for that matter. How did the oil feed line rip apart?

Ive always though about putting a fire extinguisher in my car, because I couldnt imagine just standing there watching it burn helplessly.

Hopefully not to much is damaged and you get 'er back running soon.

dang that sucks!

id bust out the marshmallows and graham crackers if mine caught fire.

That really sucks man. Hopefully everyone reading this thread learns something. DSM's seem to be catching fire rather frequently, unfortunately I've seen several threads just like this over the past few months. Having a fire extinguisher in your car isn't ricey, it's cheap insurance and can save your car. You don't want to end up like this:

Damn man, that's a shame. Both of those pics just sent shivers up my spine, I hope the damage to your DSM isn't bad and you can get it back on the road soon.

i would taken all of my clothes off to put down that fire.

I'm sorry bro hope it all works out . I had a extinquisher in my car for awhile it was mounted to the A pillar for looks ... I got tired of it and put it in the back seat one day ...my friend slid the seat all the way back and pop sprayed everywhere.

I'm sorry bro hope it all works out . I had a extinquisher in my car for awhile it was mounted to the A pillar for looks ... I got tired of it and put it in the back seat one day ...my friend slid the seat all the way back and pop sprayed everywhere.

I posted this on one of the many other fire extinguisher threads but this is how I mounted mine. It is in the trunk but I can flip the rear seat down and access it from the driver's seat.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back