The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

bNasty Finally gets dyno'ed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bNasty

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 15, 2009
Chantilly, Virginia
So I finally was able to get dyno tuned this week. My first trip on the dyno I made 390 and then my south bend clutch took a shit. Once I got that all sorted out I went back for a second sesh and made about 430 at 26 psi. Not too bad I was hoping for more. My turbo and exhaust manifold are the only things that are restricting me now. Hopefully in the future I will be going with a PTE 6262 and FID exhaust manifold. Im back at school now so im just enjoying driving the car.
Special thanks to the folks at PTUNING especially Andrew for helping me out and really taking care of my car.
Enough words more pictures

clutch failure
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

New clutch setup
6 puck sprung fidanza flywheel

On the Dyno at PTUNING

ANDDDDDDD the video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Za4LoMcuaA0

Last edited by a moderator:
But I thought only ACTs failed that way? </sarcasm>

Nice numbers, congrats.

Profile specs.. Bolt-on Modifications:
Pacesetter Manifold Slowboy Racing G60 Dejon Tool Full turbo back exhaust VRSF FMIC Synapse BOV

Engine Management:
EPROM ecu DSMlink lite

Engine Internals:
DKS 272 cams Slowboy Racing Stage II head 2.3 stroker .020 over manley/manley combo

Drivetrain Modifications:
ACT 2600 4 puck unsprung

Suspension Modifications:
E-MUSA coilovers EVo IX wheels Winter Wheels, GSX wheels mixed and matched 235 tires :)

Pacesetter Manifold Slowboy Racing G60 Dejon Tool Full turbo back exhaust VRSF FMIC Synapse BOV

Engine Management:
EPROM ecu DSMlink lite

Engine Internals:
DKS 272 cams Slowboy Racing Stage II head 2.3 stroker .020 over manley/manley combo

ACT 2600 4 puck unsprung

E-MUSA coilovers EVo IX wheels Winter Wheels, GSX wheels mixed and matched 235 tires :)

That's gotta be out of date because that is definitely a SBC disk and definitely not a 4 puck unsprung one.

Now you can edit your profile and put your dyno there :)

Engine Management:
EPROM ecu DSMlink lite

Engine Internals:

ACT 2600 4 puck unsprung

I know that the 272s are 280's now

Have you given Southbend a call about the disk? Interested in their response.

The disk hub was tweaked due to install. The clutch was repaired and he had to pay for a new hub. You owe me $80 as they billed me for it.

Tim Zimmer via Evo Phone

The disk hub was tweaked due to install. The clutch was repaired and he had to pay for a new hub. You owe me $80 as they billed me for it.

Tim Zimmer via Evo Phone

I see. Can you check your PMs Tim? I sent one a while back and hadn't received a response. Good to see you made a full pass yesterday.

I see. Can you check your PMs Tim? I sent one a while back and hadn't received a response. Good to see you made a full pass yesterday.

Send it again, I don't think I received it.

Tim Zimmer via Evo Phone

That, or the transmission was hanging up on the clutch disk when installed or had the weight of the transmission physically on the hub splines during installation.

For some reason I just received your clutch disk at my place with a new hub and they resurfaced the frictions. Did you want this clutch disk back???

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back