The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

Blue devil

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TSIturbocharged

Probationary Member
Feb 26, 2012
Southbridge, Massachusetts
Blue Devil Headgasket Sealent how well does it work? Should i try it or just fix it the right way with the HG Kit myself?

I'm highly against liquid head gasket repair. It can clog the cooling jackets in the head, block, and between cylinders which can cause just as much damage as running a blown head gasket. I would suggest getting a Felpro or OEM composite head gasket and doing it the correct way.

Do it right the first time so you don't have to do it again. Also later it could be a lot worse then it is now.

Please NO!....In my experiences with different customers over the years behind the AutoPart's World with blown head gaskets, I rather tell them to have to get the money to replace ASAP, then put anything like a sealant to blow up in a few weeks with BIGGER & MORE consquences then you started with....Now don't get me wrong it will hold, but for "HOW LONG?"...I'm sure people will start to disagree with me saying "I'm another Dumb*** that doesn't know anything"...but keep in mind I help and find DIYer's problems on a budget and this is something I do NOT play with! my 2 cents.

In my experience as a ase cert. mechanic NO... DONT DO IT. These head gaskets in a can only cause problems. I can personaly tell you that you will overheat and warp or crack something within a week.. I would say do the hg your self. If you have a hayns manual you can do it. all the tourqe specs are there. And there is plenty of help here.. Make sure you do a compression test befor and after.

In my experience as a ase cert. mechanic NO... DONT DO IT. These head gaskets in a can only cause problems. I can personaly tell you that you will overheat and warp or crack something within a week.. I would say do the hg your self. If you have a hayns manual you can do it. all the tourqe specs are there. And there is plenty of help here.. Make sure you do a compression test befor and after.

+1...:thumb:

At the shop i work at we use it on those crappylacs with the 4.6 northstar motor that always blows headgaskets, and has gotten more good results with that blue lil devil

At the shop i work at we use it on those crappylacs with the 4.6 northstar motor that always blows headgaskets, and has gotten more good results with that blue lil devil

Obviously your shop is in the hood and doesn't stand behind its work.

From direct experience after purchasing a car with a blown head gasket, don't use it. It doesn't hold, and it just clogs coolant passages. It's used to sell a car with a blown head gasket. Unfortunate for the person trying to sell me the car, it didn't hold, they acted dumbfounded that the head gasket blew all of a sudden, and I got the car for cheaper. On the tear down I found blue goop solidified in most of the coolant passages. I thought it was some kind of silicone used elsewhere, but now I realize that they likely blew the head gasket, didn't want to have it fixed, and used this blue crap to sell it in a hurry.

Obviously your shop is in the hood and doesn't stand behind its work.

From direct experience after purchasing a car with a blown head gasket, don't use it. It doesn't hold, and it just clogs coolant passages. It's used to sell a car with a blown head gasket. Unfortunate for the person trying to sell me the car, it didn't hold, they acted dumbfounded that the head gasket blew all of a sudden, and I got the car for cheaper. On the tear down I found blue goop solidified in most of the coolant passages. I thought it was some kind of silicone used elsewhere, but now I realize that they likely blew the head gasket, didn't want to have it fixed, and used this blue crap to sell it in a hurry.

DAM ok ramsack for your sake read up. Customer came with the caddy overheating after verifying blown head gasket we recommended a reman engine cause its a one in a million chance to get a used one without a blow head gasket. Two days later he came back with the devil said someone recommended it so what the hell we gave it a shot letting him know that we have not used it before and we have no idea what the results would be. He was like its already blown so just try it, so we did he still drives this thing up till now thats ten months . I was not trying to say its the shit i was just sharing my experience with it. It worked for me twice cause the customer was ready to junk the car instead of fixing it. Think i would rather use blue devil than sell a head gasket job, i work on commission budy.

Your initial post and the last post you made say two completely different things. Your first post basically says that your shop constantly uses it and recommends it as a trusted product, and your second one says otherwise. So which is it?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back