The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Blown Headgasket.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GST4g63T

10+ Year Contributor
May 8, 2010
Oviedo, Florida
Sooo, I'm driving home and notice my car starts to miss, all my gauges read normal and seem fine. When I get to the next stop light I notice the miss again, and white smoke pouring past my window. Ok, now I'm worried, I'm only a few blocks from and house and figure I can make it home. When I get home, I jump out of my car, pop the hood and don't see shit..... So I run to the back and check for smoke out the exhaust...nothing. Next, I peak under the car, and boom, water and oil dripping down the backside of my motor and landing on the exhaust. Car did seem a little hot when i popped the hood, stock temp gauge read normal. I've only had the car for a month and have never beat on it since I didn't build it. Car has (supposedly) 750cc injectors, wally255, big fmic, big E3 16g, (supposedly) flashed ecu, exhaust, intake, and new crate motor from Discount, that i verified myself. Also I'm running on about 12 psi.

Hmmmm, this is really starting to not look good. Hope the previous owner didn't get over on me. I'm pretty sure its the HG, I'm going to rip everything apart tomorrow.

That sucks man! Check and see if the fluids are milky. Im getting ready to rebuild me engine in a couple weeks, not looking forward to any of it. while you have the head off you may as well look around for any other things that may be wrong before putting it back together.

supposedly 750 find out for sure, they could be anything in there.

Damn Skippy, LOL, they could be anything, and I mean anything:confused:. But she does run STUPID rich so, "it's quite possible."

Is there a sure way to tell if your head gasket is blown without pulling the head? If I do a compression check and it comes back normal, does that mean that my head gasket is fine?

Take some pics and find out exactly where the leaks are coming from. A few drips on the exhaust wont cause you to see it out the back.

The leak is coming from somewhere on the firewall side fo the motor. It's not just a couple of drops either, it's more like I let my car idle for 30 secs and there is puddle of oil and coolant maybe the size of a small paper plate. Plus one cylinder isn't firing.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back