The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

Blown 420a, Choices choices...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sike

20+ Year Contributor
Dec 18, 2001
Baltimore, Maryland
Ok heres the deal, the engine in my 95 GS is dead. The car is automatic and incredibly boring. I have a ton of money already in the car if I were to sell it, I would be doomed so I'm forced to keep it pretty much. I'm deffinetally going to swap in a new tranny(100k) at same time as the engine. I'd like to take that nasty auto out and put in a 5spd which as of now is the plan. But I REALLY REALLY do not want to use another 420A I'm fairly disgusted with it (2nd eng I've went through.) I've been told swapping in a 4g63 is an incredible amount of work which I really don't need on top of converting the tranny, so it seems I'm forced to do the 420A again unless you guys suggest otherwise. Any ideas on problems I might be facing converting the tranny? Are there any other engine swaps that wouldn't be too much work? Any comments/suggestions would be helpfull I plan to get the engine/tranny out this weekend and start working the new parts in the following weekend.

Get engine swaps out of your head. Any engine swap you attempt is going to cost a lot of money and or time. When Honduuuuhs do motor swaps they swap in a different Honduuuh motor, not a motor of a different company's. Just build the 420a right and you won't have to worry. What are your plans for the future, turbo, nitros, N/A? Your future goals will determin what you need to do. How did the first 2 go? Was the second motor a junkyard special, or was it a freshly rebuilt motor with stock parts? The 420a is a damn good motor if you take care of it. As far as choices, if you want something bullet proof then go to howell or another company that makes the prebuilt blocks. Do a search here to find some of the companies out there. www.howellautomotive.com www.vtengines.com/home1.htm then there is RPM extreme also.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back