The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1G Blower motor now working

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

To be clear, I’m not an electrician. Just a weekend warrior. So my blower motor stopped working and this is how I went about diagnosing it and I’m not 100% sure if it’s the correct way. Remove the glove box and you’ll see the blower motor connector in red.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

The yellow is your relay that’s secured by a screw you cant see that holds a c clamp around the relay.

I used a test light to check for power at the blower connector with the key on and blower on. Wasn’t getting power so for now I can rule out the motor. When switching the fan speed you should here the relay click. I tested power there and it only came on on one wire when switching from speed 3-4 only. Idk if that’s normal. So I removed the resistor. It’s a pain to remove the two screws. Wear mechanical glove bc the metal around the glove is extremely sharp.

I used a long needle nose in one hand from the bottom and used the other the pull the connector off. It’s held in with two 9/32 screws. 1/4 inch short socket works best.

Off to the parts store.

Hope so his helps someone!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back