The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Blow off valve question 2g to 1g

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maxboost1010

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 27, 2008
Ann Arbor, Michigan
98 GSX
Ok I want to switch my BOV from my 2g, where can I get a cheap 1g BOV new from? If I buy a used one will that be fine do they hold up ok? Now most important question I thin the housing where my 2g BOV sits on is cracked and since I think I need an adapter for the 1g anyways would this one work and serve both my purposes as an adapter and at the same time replace the plastic housing the 2g is sitting on?

eBay Motors: 2.75" Blow Off Valve Adapter Flange Pipe Universal BOV (item 140217393233 end time Mar-23-08 14:02:41 PDT)

81576d1206330943-blow-off-valve-question-2g-1g-spipe.jpg

I have a quick off topic question... I can't help but notice the fuse you have connected to the thick red cord coming out from the positive terminal on the battery. So do you have kickers pushing out bass in the trunk? If so, what type of amp do u have? Also, how big is your sub woofer(s)?

I've always had my sound system from my previous car (97 Eclipse RS) sitting in my room. I never had a chance to install it on this GST until last week. I'm running with two 12" pioneer champion series speakers, I believe they can support up to 1200 Watts. My amp is an 800 Watt Pioneer Mono Block. It's a nice pioneer setup. I would have never thought u had a sound system in your car, kenamond, LOL. You just seemed like u were more into performance and what not instead of sound system setups.

I have a quick off topic question... I can't help but notice the fuse you have connected to the thick red cord coming out from the positive terminal on the battery. So do you have kickers pushing out bass in the trunk? If so, what type of amp do u have? Also, how big is your sub woofer(s)?

I've always had my sound system from my previous car (97 Eclipse RS) sitting in my room. I never had a chance to install it on this GST until last week. I'm running with two 12" pioneer champion series speakers, I believe they can support up to 1200 Watts. My amp is an 800 Watt Pioneer Mono Block. It's a nice pioneer setup. I would have never thought u had a sound system in your car, kenamond, LOL. You just seemed like u were more into performance and what not instead of sound system setups.

Heh...sound system was my first mod, maybe 3 months after the car shipped. I *need* loud music.:p Two of my best friends worked at a car/home audio store when I was in HS/college, and I got great deals on that and many other home audio components.:rocks: Then I got married, had two kids, and bought a house and the money mysteriously disappeared.

The thick red wire is what drives the amps, and the other one with the purple fuse holder hanging by the side of the battery is the fuse for the rewired fuel pump.

I have two Phoenix Gold (ZX450 and ZX500) amps. I forget which is which, but one is a 2-channel amp (2Ohm bridged...4Ohm subs) for the bass and the other is a 4-channel for the rest. I have two 10" Phoenix Gold XMax subs in a musical enclosure/cabinet. It's less efficient so it needs more power, but it's more accurate. Alpine head unit, MBQuart 6x9s in the rear, MBQuart 6.5" mid-bass in the doors, and BA pod-mount tweets in a box in my basement (never installed them). Alpine 6-disc changer in the trunk. Monster Cable RCAs. All of that went in back in the spring of '96. Haven't touched it since. Can't even play burned CDs, no AUX jack for an MP3 player, etc. LOL "Old school!"

Heh...sound system was my first mod, maybe 3 months after the car shipped. I *need* loud music.:p Two of my best friends worked at a car/home audio store when I was in HS/college, and I got great deals on that and many other home audio components.:rocks: Then I got married, had two kids, and bought a house and the money mysteriously disappeared.

The thick red wire is what drives the amps, and the other one with the purple fuse holder hanging by the side of the battery is the fuse for the rewired fuel pump.

I have two Phoenix Gold (ZX450 and ZX500) amps. I forget which is which, but one is a 2-channel amp (2Ohm bridged...4Ohm subs) for the bass and the other is a 4-channel for the rest. I have two 10" Phoenix Gold XMax subs in a musical enclosure/cabinet. It's less efficient so it needs more power, but it's more accurate. Alpine head unit, MBQuart 6x9s in the rear, MBQuart 6.5" mid-bass in the doors, and BA pod-mount tweets in a box in my basement (never installed them). Alpine 6-disc changer in the trunk. Monster Cable RCAs. All of that went in back in the spring of '96. Haven't touched it since. Can't even play burned CDs, no AUX jack for an MP3 player, etc. LOL "Old school!"

Hella old school, haha. Nah, you have a nice setup no doubt. :thumb: I have the same red wire you have, thick as hell. I also have Monster Cable RCA's. I have a small box for my two 12" sub woofers. I see people with two 10's that have a bigger box (less efficient) than my box for the two 12's, has me laughing all the time. Oh and trust me, I know the red cord powers the amp. When it comes to sound systems, that's something i'm more familiar with. :D Where did you run your wire? I'm guessing you ran it through the passenger side?

Not me, my battery is on the passenger side yet I ran it through the driver side, beneath the door (panel that you step on to get in the car), under the seats and into the back. Professional job me and a friend of mine helped accomplish. I give mad props on the positive charge on my battery terminal, my friend handled that part (I helped a lil) but he did a job well done!

Question, only one problem. On the back of my CD Player on the wire harness, I had to have the amp powered to the yellow ACC Ignition wire. When the car turns on, the amp turns on. I can shut off my CD player but the amp will remain on unless the car is shut off. We tried to do it the proper way, wiring it to the blue Remote Control cable (once CD Player is turned off, Amp will shut off). Another way (inefficient) could have been to wire it to the black battery cable, but then it would remain on forever, even when the car is off (unless positive charge is removed from battery) and just drain the battery. Why? I'm assuming I have to uncrimp all the wires from the harness, then replace the entire wire harness plug connected on the back and crimp the wires together again. Am I correct?

About my setup, i'll put up pics as soon as I get a chance. :cool:

Hella old school, haha. Nah, you have a nice setup no doubt. :thumb: I have the same red wire you have, thick as hell. I also have Monster Cable RCA's. I have a small box for my two 12" sub woofers. I see people with two 10's that have a bigger box (less efficient) than my box for the two 12's, has me laughing all the time. Oh and trust me, I know the red cord powers the amp. When it comes to sound systems, that's something i'm more familiar with. :D Where did you run your wire? I'm guessing you ran it through the passenger side?

Not me, my battery is on the passenger side yet I ran it through the driver side, beneath the door (panel that you step on to get in the car), under the seats and into the back. Professional job me and a friend of mine helped accomplish. I give mad props on the positive charge on my battery terminal, my friend handled that part (I helped a lil) but he did a job well done!

Question, only one problem. On the back of my CD Player on the wire harness, I had to have the amp powered to the yellow ACC Ignition wire. When the car turns on, the amp turns on. I can shut off my CD player but the amp will remain on unless the car is shut off. We tried to do it the proper way, wiring it to the blue Remote Control cable (once CD Player is turned off, Amp will shut off). Another way (inefficient) could have been to wire it to the black battery cable, but then it would remain on forever, even when the car is off (unless positive charge is removed from battery) and just drain the battery. Why? I'm assuming I have to uncrimp all the wires from the harness, then replace the entire wire harness plug connected on the back and crimp the wires together again. Am I correct?

About my setup, i'll put up pics as soon as I get a chance. :cool:

Although this is completely off topic...

I ran my power down the passenger side of the center console (too thick to fit well under the kick panel) and the RCAs down the left side of the center console. Speaker wires went back up under the kick panels on both sides. The ground was somewhere in the trunk (another huge wire but only a foot long or so). I forget where I ran the blue remote control wire and the CD changer harness. I got the proper harness for my car and head unit, so everything was just plugs. No alternator whine and everything turns on and off when it's supposed to.:thumb:

I pulled the stock trunk floor, used it as a template, and made a floor out of masonite and mounted the stock hinges to the masonite. Mounted the amps and CD changer to the floor, put some "walls" to hold up a "roof". Made a 2-piece roof out of masonite (split down the middle of the car) and cut a square hole in the middle so I can change the CD cartridge. Made a matching door to go in the hole. Carpeted the top of the roof with one piece of carpet (with a square hole in it) and carpeted the door. Sub box sits on the roof butted up against the back seats. So to put a new cartridge into the CD player, I pinch the carpet on the door and pull it up and can access the changer. If I have to get at the spare tire (under the floor panel), I fold the back seats forward, slide the sub box onto the backs of the back seats, and lift the roof out. Since the masonite is two pieces, I lift up on the middle like a tent or something, and that pulls both sides of the roof in toward the middle of the car so that I can lift the whole roof out. Then I can pivot the floor with the amps and CD changer up on the hinges and hook the little rope things to the hatch lid and get the spare tire out. When it's all together, I have a modest trunk space and even have the cargo net installed.:cool:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back