The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

block rebuild kit help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The mach v kit is definately the better of the two kits. I wouldn't waste any money on the ebay junk. At least the mach v kit is all Top Line parts, it'll get ya up and running. I wouldn't trust the timing belt or the oil pump though, go oem on the belt and just re-use your oil pump if its ok.

No problem. Good luck with your rebuild! ,;)

yea i was looking at how cheap the ebay kitwas just to get it running again. i would have changed the head gasket to the mitsubishi 4 layer head gasket or fel pro, and would have bought he main bearing and rod bearings from acl, and put on arp rod bolts and main studs.

a side piece of my thrust bearing ended up breaking off into my oil pan, im taking the block out now. dont know if imma be able to reccondition most of the parts in block to reuse. so im goin to have it all check out and cleaned, but im just preparing just incase i have to replace piston and rods. also if i had the block bored to .020 would i be able to use the same piston just wit bigger ring or do i have to change the piston head

Last edited:
You'll have to change the pistons. I've had good luck ordering parts from partsdinosauer.com. Good fast delivery. Bearings were ACL, not sure of the other parts.

Don't use an ebay timing belt!!!! They are really bad, had the teeth completely shave off on mine. Didn't know the previous owner had used it until it was too late. I would go with the mach V but i also agree that you should make sure you get a good oil pump. Did a total rebuild by ordering my parts from advanced auto, everything has been good so far (1500 miles). But it almost ran up to $600 for parts. I wasn't exactly buying the cheapest parts i could get though.

A lot of people on this site have had good luck with the ebay oil pumps. The problems that do arise are from using the ebay oil pump and the ebay BSE kit, but if you use the ebay BSE kit, it will kill any oil pump. They didn't put an oil groove in the stub shafts so, no oil gets to it and it seizes and eats the housing.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back