The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

block help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boosted spartan

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 23, 2005
Houston, Texas
so after 5k miles on my freshly rebuilt buttom end, the front ear broke off causing my bellhousing to crack and shitload of events happened. Fast forward to today where i fixed it ghetto style for now till i finish my 240sx. So i found another block and i called a machine shop approved by my local dsm'rs, got a quote to transfer all my internals into the new block for $350..remember this was a stock rebuild, so this one is the same no boring needed. I found it to be a nice price, now my question is do i need to buy new rings, or any new engine internals? i know im gonna need a new timing belt and so on, at the same time in gonna do mitsubishi mls gasket and arps, with a nice timing belt too.

god damn so now i need a new bellhousing and a new buttom end well just the block my internals are basically brand new, specially with me doing the oil changes every 1k miles.

hrmm usually when that happens it'ss because of no dowel pins in the block/trans. i've also heard overtorque on those points can cause it. a friend of mine just welded it back after his snapped, His seems to be fine so far with it welded like that. Not saying its a perfect solution but it could ###### get you by for quite some time until maybe you decided to build another motor.

i think im gonna do that then, since im pretty broke after my sr20 swap on my 240..LOL..i guess ill just take it out and take it to a weld shop and see what they can do.

Also i need a good way to remove jb weld, since i tried that shit and nothing..####ing pos claiming u can weld a motor with it..####ing bullshit. Btw it has to be arc welded back on correct?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back